Chapter 23

May 7th, 2020

Shania sat in her room as she let her music play in her airpods and and she finished her homework. There's was a soft knock at the door and Shania opened it to see Eissa with a McDonald's bag in his hand. "McDonald's? For me? From who bud?"

"Deija, she said she can't come over today so she got you some food and she got me a new plushie." Shania grabbed her bag and opened it to see a note in it. It read: "Sorry I couldn't come today, my momma was tripping, I'm coming this weekend though and for your mom's birthday!"

Shania smiled softly. "Well, looks like I'mma be bored all day." Just then, Janet came in with a big smile on her face. "Shania, guess who's here."

"If it ain't Deija, tell em to go home."

"Well I don't know who this Deija person is, but I know she's not better than your grandpa." Shania's whole face lit up when she saw her Grandfather. "Grandpa Billy!" Shania ran and gave him a hug. "How's my favorite granddaughter doing?"

"Amazing now that you're here." Billy smiled. "I'm gonna go talk to your parents but when I get back, how's about we go fishing like we did when you were little?"

"Um I'd love that! Let me get my gear ready!" Billy laughed before going downstairs with Janet. "Alright, let me look at you before I sit down." Janet giggled. "Yeah, you haven't changed a bit beautiful."

"Neither have you sir." Billy smiled and sat on the couch. "Where's my boy?"

"At work like usual."

"Well, he's providing for his family. Now there's something I need to talk to you about.."

"What is Bill?" Billy sighed and grabbed Janet's hand. "Sweetheart, I'm sick. About a month ago, I went to the doctor for a checkup, and came back out with information that I have cancer."

"Wait what??" Before Billy could finish, Tupac came in the house. "Dad? Pops wassup!" Tupac hugged his father tightly. "How you been boy?"

"Working, enjoying my family, being me, how you been?"

"Not so good..we gotta talk." Tupac sat on the couch with Janet and his father. "Son, I'm sick. A month ago I went to the doctor to get a checkup, and came out with news that they found cancer."

"Cancer?? Dad, you've been healthy almost all your life, how you got cancer."

"It happens to the healthy ones too son, I'm getting old, and things like this happen. I came here, to spend time with you because I don't know when I'm gonna take my last breath."

"Dad, you lived longer than mama! You're in your 70s and you look great. Mama was 69 and passed after her birthday, you told me you were gonna make it and now all this? Dad you cannot be sick."

"Son, I know. I promise everything's going to be okay. I came here to be with y'all, and that's what I'm going to do." Tupac looked at his father and he softened. "As long as you alright now, I ain't gonna worry.

May 9th, 2020

"So how long your grandpa staying?"

"Till next Saturday, then he goes home Sunday morning." Deija and Shania were laying on the floor as Shania had Jill Scott's "He Loves Me" playing in the background on her TV. Janet, Tupac, and his father were all out shopping. "Yo I have a question."

"Wassup?"

"You say you like girls, so you've kissed one before we had that accidental kiss right?"

"Of course Shania. I may be 17, but I've dabbled." Shania sat up and looked at Deija. "Well I asked because, I need help with it."

"You need help with kissing a girl? That won't be a problem." Shania could feel herself growing nervous as Deija inches closer to her. "You're too nervous, just relax." Shania calmed her nerves before Deija kissed her deeply. Shania felt like she was on cloud 9, she had never kissed a girl like this and it was the first time she's ever been affected by anything of the sort. When Deija pulled away, Shania was in shock.

"Now you know how to kiss a girl." Shania looked at how calm Deija was as she laid back on the floor. Then, Janet knocked on the door and opened it causing her to scare Shania. "Nia, we brought Chinese back."

"Oh, okay. Thanks mom."

"You okay? You seem kinda jumpy."

"I'm fine mommy." Janet nodded her head and closed the door. "Mom still don't know?"

"No..I plan on telling her though, just not right now." Shania laid on Deija's stomach and Deija caressed her cheek. "Does this mean we're together now that we've kissed for real?"

"Pfft no! A lot of people have kissed their best friends and they didn't end up together. Shania you're my best friend, if you ever need me I'll be there." Shania smiled and hugged Deija tightly.

"I'm so glad to have you as a best friend.." After Deija went home, Shania decided to go shopping herself. While shopping, she bumped into somebody she never thought she'd bump into. "I'm so sorry, I'm such a klutz." When she looked up, she almost flinched. "De'vante???" He was much taller in person and god if looks could kill, she'd be 6 feet under.

 "De'vante???" He was much taller in person and god if looks could kill, she'd be 6 feet under

"Shania? Damn girl..it's been a minute huh?"

"Negro please, we broke up two months ago. Get the fuck out my face." Shania grabbed her bags before calling an Uber. "Ayo! Hear me out Shania please." Shania rolled her eyes and turned around. "..You got two minutes, go."

"Look I know I fucked up. My priorities wasn't straight and I fucked up our relationship, but I'm sorry. I miss you Shania. I miss your laugh, your smile, your presence..all that. I fucked up and I need you back in my life.." Shania glared at De'vante.

"Nigga do you think I'm slow or something? Say this shit to Aniya, the bitch who literally fought me and the bitch you cheated on me with. Yea, I know you came down here to Texas and got a room with that bitch and fucked her, Deija told me everything, you nasty FUCK. Oh and say hi to De'vante Jr for me, I hope she put yo ass on child support and leave you, cause you one lonely, nasty, sick, bitch. Kiss my black Jackson ASS!" De'vante stood there in shock at Shania put her things in the Uber and was driven back to her house.

When she got back home, Janet was sitting on the couch and taking her braids out of the ponytail she had. "Mom, you will not believe who I saw at the mall today but first! Guess what I got you."

"Ouuu what you get?" Shania pulled out a shoe box and Janet's eyes lit up. "You know me so well."