Chapter 16

April 6th, 2020

Janet sat quietly as two police detectives came into the room. "Mrs. Shakur? This is detective Ace and I'm detective Matthews. Can you tell us where you were on March 26th, the night Suge got killed, between the hours of 12 am and 6 am? And please, be honest."

"Be honest? Well I was having sex with my husband. By the time Suge was killed, I was out like a light." Detective Matthews wrote in his small notepad and nodded his head. "What about your kids? Do you know where they were?"

"Home. After having sex with my husband and taking another shower, I checked on all of them. They were there."

"What about the history between you and Suge? Did you know him? Was he around a lot?" Janet sighed. "No, he wasn't. Pac had a certain love for Suge, that only he could truly understand. They were like brothers. When Suge went to jail, everything changed. So much changed that it effected Pac a bunch. Sometimes he'd break down whenever he thought about how much Suge did for him, but Tupac refused to find a way to get Suge out of jail." Detective Matthews cocked his eyebrow. "Why not? If he loved him so much, why didn't he help him?"

"Because Pac knew Suge was behind Biggie's death. There was no doubt about it in his mind, he was behind it. Tupac just wasn't about to go down with Suge over something that didn't involve him. He loved him, but he didn't love him enough to tarnish his reputation." The detectives looked at each other before continuing. "What about you, how well did you know Suge?"

"Me? I barely knew him really. I seen him once or twice when shooting Poectic Justice but that's all truly."

"Thank you for your time Mrs. Shakur. That'll be all for today." Detective Ace walked Janet out the small room as Detective Ace continued to write in his small notepad.

At home, Shania showed Eissa how to play Monopoly while Deija watched. "So this is what y'all do all day when ya momma gone?"

"Pretty much." As Deija continued to watch, Marcus called Shania's phone. "Oh here he go."

"Girl I'm telling you, that nigga like you! Ask him out or something!"

"Nah..we just friends."

"Yeah right. I'mma go downstairs and get something to eat."

Shania nodded before setting up her phone and answered his call. "What y'all doing over there??"

"I'm playing monopoly with Eissa and Deija...well Deija eating up our whole refrigerator." Deija came back in the room with more food. "Look, yo pantry is full. If it's full like that, then that means eat out of it." Shania laughed. "Where yo momma at?"

"Why you worried about my momma?"

"Cause I'm just asking dang, you act like I'mma try to kill her." Shania smiled and scoffed. "She somewhere with my dad."

"Thank you. Now, when you coming back to Houston? I miss you."

"I miss you more, and soon. I don't know when but soon." Deija was sitting on Shania's bed as they continued to talk and smiled. "Aight look, I gotta go to work soon so call me tonight so we can talk."

"Okay. Goodbye Marcus."

"Bye Shania." Shania ended the call and Deija smirked at her. "What?"

"Girl stop playing with me! You don't see the way he look at you? He likes you!" Shania rolled her eyes. "Unt uh, we just friends. Plus relationships ain't my thing."

"Look, just cause Devante decided to be stupid don't mean this one is gonna be stupid. He seems legit Nia. Give him a try." Shania knew deep down she had a small attraction to him, but chose to ignoring it. "It's whatever I guess."