Chapter 9

February 16th, 2020

"I know that as parents it's hard to come out of your schedule to come up here and discuss this matter-"

"You had us wait in that lobby for almost 2 hours just to tell us something that we already aware of?"

"Well Mr. Shakur no it's-"

"So what is it? Cause if my child is getting expelled or even suspended, I'm suing this entire school from top to bottom."

"That also goes for Deija, Asia, Adriana, Damario, and his friends." The secretary stopped and looked at both Janet and Tupac and realized how serious they were. "I-um-I'm- I'll get in touch with the counselor and principal." Tupac and Janet looked at each other and smirked. Meanwhile, Kendra was in her own mess.

"Vante? Who is Diamond?"

"Oh that's my sister baby, she coming to pick me up and we going to hang out later."

"You never told me you had a sister."

"You uh..never asked." Trevante kissed her cheek and put on his shoes. "I'll be right back, don't miss me too much." Kendra flopped on the couch and turned on the tv. When Trevante got into the car, he kissed Diamond deeply. "What took you so long baby?"

"Oh you know..my girl was tripping."

Janet and Tupac sat down in the counselors office with Shania and her friends. The silence from the other girls and their parents made it extremely hard for Deija not to cringe and for Adriana not to become a nervous wreck. The counselor came in which made the silence less awkward. "Okay ladies and gentlemen, looking at this report here, it looks like all of this started between Shania Jackson and Imani Williams, who wants to go first."

Shania looked at her parents before sighing. "I guess I'll go first. Imani and I never had any real problems until this year-"

"Tell them about her threatening-"

"Ahem! Miss Smith! Shania is talking, let her talk."

"She's actually telling the truth..it didn't just start this year. It started in 6th grade."

"Look I'll explain it. Imani came back from her lil hiatus from school and decided to be extremely mean to Shania. She never said why, she was just mean, and then finally decided to be nice to her again." Janet looked towards Imani but turned away. "Now Deija I know you have certain feelings towards Imani, can you explain them?"

"Yeah, she thought she owned my brother when they dated. She even put her hands on him and I ain't like that, not at all. Then when they broke up, trashed him because he moved on and decided he had feelings for Shania, okayed the shit and said it was fine, but then suddenly girl code mattered after you okayed them dating."

"You don't date people's ex boyfriends-"

"Imani! Shania had a crush on him since 6th grade, cut the bullcrap."

"Who is you raising your voice at?" Shania sat on the edge of her seat a little which causeed Imani to slide back in her seat. "I know you not letting that bimbo bitch scare you."

"I gave you a black eye and I'll do it again, humble yourself."

"Ladies, let's not throw threats at each other." Shania sat back in her seat. "Adriana, don't you have something to say?"

"Yes. I think that I should be able to be friends with people who actually care and listen to me. I can see Aniya and her friends don't really care about me and are extremely mean but Shania and her friends are actual friends."

"Well that's good that you have found friends here."

Imani rolled her eyes and groaned in frustration. "Why are we even here? We don't like each other so let's just leave it at that!"

"Will you shut your negative ass the hell up? Please? Don't nobody wanna hear all that."

"Little girl you need to learn how to respect people, including my daughter." Janet turned around and looked at Imani's mom. "And YOU need your child some self control cause obviously her ass doesn't have it." The room got extremely quiet when Tupac looked in the direction of each parent there.

"As much as I don't like Imani..she right, we don't like them girls nor do them girls like us, so this is extremely pointless." Asia said. "If we truly wanted to be here, this would've been over already."

"Well if that's how y'all feel, y'all are dismissed." Imani, Aniya, and Liyah left to go to gym and so did the rest. "Asia if it wasn't for you, our asses would've been in there all day."

"I swear, ain't no counseling gon make me change my mind about 3 evil crazy bitches." After school, Shania stayed in her room for most of the day doing homework. Eissa came in and sat on her bed while she quietly finished her homework. "You almost done?"

"Yeah..i just need to do one more page." Eissa watched her tv as she finished and ate some of her goldfish crackers sitting on the bed. "Eissa! It's snack time c'mon!" Janet came upstairs with Eissa's usual apples and water when she saw him eating on goldfish crackers.

"I'm already eating a snack mommy."

"Aye, save some for me now."

"What about the apples and water?"

"Sit on Shania's desk please." Janet sat the apples and water on Shania's desk before sitting on the bed with Shania and Eissa.

"I hope you're not in here to talk about my handwriting."

"Oh you know it. It's gotten snazzy." Shania giggled. "Mommy look at the ogre!"

"I see my prince." Janet watched Eissa and Shania as they looked at tv. A few minutes later, Eissa was sound asleep while Shania had finished her homework. "You know Shania, with you being my first child by birth, you mean a lot to me. I had doubts that I'd ever have kids but you took those doubts away. I remember adopting Victoria and feeling as if that was enough but I realized that babies don't stay babies forever, and with you I got to relive that feeling of having a baby, and being happy. You're so special, you really are."

"Aww Ma..come here." Shania gave her mother a long and tight hug. "I hope you know I love you Shania, I always have."

"I love you more mom."

"Well I love you most."