Marichat-How the shanghai special should have gone

Hey y'all
I like many others watched the Shanghai special today, and I'm not sure about you guys but I was really hoping for some Marichat. But there was none so here's my take (only fluff Bc I'm doing a part of the actual show and I don't want to sexualize the cannon characters)
Xo
M

Major spoiler warnings ahead for the Shanghai special: legend of lady dragon
(If you want to watch it there's an Instagram account called miraculous_to that has a subtitled version)

Chat POV

I've been searching for hours. Where in earth can she be. The glittering lights of the fast paced city flash around me.

I run my hand through my unruly hair, god my father would hate my hair.

I pick up my stick once more to make a call, "hey m'lady, it's me again. I'm still looking for Marinette. I really need some help please come when you can..."

I hang up the phone and propel myself off the roof to continue looking for Marinnete, my princess.

How can she be missing, I think as tears well up in my eyes.

Not now Agreste, you need a clear mind to find her and crying isn't going to help that.

But I can't hold it back.

I land in an alleyway and the tears start pouring out, the shining wetness rolls down my cheeks like summer rain.

Hot and painful.

I need Marinnete, how could I be so stupid, I love her.

"I love her," I whisper to myself

"I love her, I love her, I love her, I LOVE HER" I shout into the night air hoping somehow it will reach her.

People walking past the small alley turn there heads at me but keep walking along because there lives haven't stopped.

But mine has.

As long as Marinnete isn't here my life is at a stand still.

I will never give up looking for her.

She is my life, and I cannot let my life slip away.

Marinette is the reason I get up in there he morning, she's the reason I fight through every battle and win every battle.

She's the reason I put up with my father's abandonment.

I shouldn't have waisted all that time repressing my feelings for her.

I was so scared that if I loved her, I would lose her just like my mother.

But that's not what love is about. Love is about being bold. It's uncontrollable and completely irrational. Yet it's the truth.

I would never choose to love Marinnete,

But I do anyway.

She's the sun to my moon, the yin to my yang, the salt to my pepper.
She is my world.

Marinnete POV

As I keep wondering the streets, looking for anyone familiar I feel a wave of fear wash over me.

I can not cry out here in the open.

I rush into an alley way. And break down into loud heaving sobs.

"M-m- Marinnete?" A voice behind me questions.

"Chat," I try and wipe away my tears but it does no good. "What are you doing here"

"I was looking for you."
"Oh-"

He pulls me into a hug and the tears start pouring out of me.

I read somewhere that each tear drop is unique and in this moment, it feels like is each is for a diffrent emotion I'm experiencing.

The tears fall out and with it does every bit of fear, sadness, anger.

I collapse into a pile of emotion in his arms.

And I realize I love him.

How could I be so blind.

Every fight by his side is more enjoyable.

I wouldn't make it though life without him.

I would have given up.

But he's the reason I keep fighting.

He's so much more than a partner, he's the love of my life, my soulmate, my heart and my trust.

I never want anyone else by my side.

I sink deeper into his embrace.

Chat POV

I need to tell her I have to.

I feel like I will explode if I don't.

But she's crying, in my arms.

Now really doesn't seem like the best time.

But there will never be a best time, there will only be the time that I do.

And when I do, I will be completely raw and exsposed.

Susceptible to every bit of pain, but  I trust her.

I trust her with the most fragile part of me.

"I love you." I whisper into her hair. Immediately regretting it I hope she didn't hear.

But I know she did.  Her body stiffens and she pulls her head up for her eyes to meet mine.

"For real?" She asks her eyes giving away her emotions.

Love, pain, fear, all show in her cerulean blue eyes.

I knod and the tears clear from her eyes.

"I- I love you to"

Marinnete POV

Oh my god. I told him.

His eyes widen in shock and he hugs me.

He hugs me with everything he has.

The world melts away in his arms.

Everything I've been thought today doesn't matter.

Because I love him and he loves me.

The world is right again.