Threes a crowd but fours perfect (backstory)

It all changed that night that god damned night...

Flash back to 2 years ago

Marinette ran to Adriens house as soon as she got his text.

He needed her. She felt as though she had ladybugs super agility as the adrienaline (see what I did there) pumped through her veins.

She rushed to the door and ran in not even caring about the nasty look she got from Nathalie.

She ran into Adriens room and sat down next to him.

"I-," her voice cracked as she looked at her sobbing friend.

"I am so sorry for your loss."

She pulled him into her and her sobbed into her arms as she held him tight.

"I-t should have been me." He heaved.

"I should have been the one who was buying food."

"I know I know" she soathed as she rubbed his hair.

"No YOU DONT KNOW. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ME IF I HADNT BEEN SPENDING TIME WITH YOU!"

"I WOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE IN THAT GOD DAMNED SHOOTING IF NOT FOR YOU."

"ITS YOUR FAULT MY MOTHER IS DEAD, ALL YOURS."

He sank down onto the floor crying and Marinette sat still, shocked from the sudden outburst.

"IT IS YOUR GOD DAMN FAULT. SHE COULD STILL BE ALIVE."

Marinettes adrenaline kicked in and she burst out, " THIS IS NOT MY FAULT ADRIEN.I DIDNT KILL YOUR MOTHER."

"IM NOT THE ONE WHO OPENED FIRE IN A STORE. IM NOT THE ONE WHO SAW INNOCENT PEOPLE AND DECIDED TO KILL THEM. STOP BLAMING ME FOR SOMEONE ELSES CRIMES"

He sobbed again and screamed, " IF IT WERENT FOR YOU I WOULD HAVE SPENT MORE TIME WITH HER! IF IT WERENT FOR YOU I COULD HAVE KILLED THAT SHOOTER."

"SO TAKE SOME GOD DAMN RESPONSIBILITY MARINETTE THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT."

Marinette picked up her purse oddly calmly and headed for the door.

"None of this is my fault you sick bastard. Stop blaming me for your problems. I never stopped you from being with your mom that was all you. So stay the fuck out of my life you low life peice of shit. You can not treat me like the fucking trash on the bottom of your designer shoes and expect me to accept that. And tell me? About responsibility? Please. You don't even know the meaning of the word."

"At the end if the day you choose to be with me over your mother, you choose to neglect food shopping and now you have made your final choice. To lose me. "

"I'm not saying good bye to you, you don't deserve my well wishes. I'm saying good bye to the old you. The one who was my best friend and who I loved more than anything."

"If he ever comes for a visit tel him I'll be around."

And with that she slammed his door and ran to her house, to cry.

She knew she had just lost everything, but she had to let go. She did not deserve this.

She leaned out her window and sad a silent goodbye, to their past

Hey y'all,
I know this is pretty short but I just wanted to write the backstory because I've been building it in my brain all day
Hope you enjoy
Xoxo
M