5

Wolfgrimm walked through the black forests of Wolfholde, walking down a path. Then he saw them. Three cloaked figures stood in front of him. "I would like to know what the future holds for me." Wolfgrimm announced. Suddenly, all three of the witches looked up at him.

"Is it really what you wish to see?" One of them asked in a rough and raspy voice.

"Yes." He replied.

"You may not like what you will witness." The second witch pointed out.

"Just get on with it." Wolfgrimm said testily, his patience on the brink.

"As you wish." The witch shuffled over to a small cage and opened it, taking out a small kicking rabbit. Shuffling back over to the basin, she held the rabbit over it and drew out a dagger. Without hesitation, she drew the blade across the rabbit's throat, letting its blood run down into the basin. One of the other witches looked down at the blood, dabbling her hands around it in, whispering an ancient ritual. The third witch looked up at him, having witnessed the ritual.

"You will meet your fate at the hands of a maiden."

Wolfgrimm suddenly frowned, confused. "Rosalis? She's just a mere woman."

The witch dabbling around in the blood looked up at him. "She is a woman that is in charge of protecting a king." She pointed out. "Kill her first, and Frinnor will be yours to command. Once she is dead, it will be free to take over and Edmund will be on his knees."

Wolfgrimm looked down at the basin of blood and stared at it, not one expression on his face.