16

Rosalis still continued to journey through the forest, the trees never seeming to end. Seeing something in the distance, she walked up to the figure and saw another one next to it. She then stopped and noticed them both as Seraphina and Forthwind. The wizard turned his head to her and Seraphina immediately looked in her direction. She lifted one of her hands up and Rosalis' armour began to heat up, cooking her alive. She seethed and cried out, proceeded with stripping herself of her armour as quickly as she could, scattering it across the ground. Thirty seconds later, she stood in place, unarmoured, with just a light tunic and woolen trousers. Rosalis grabbed her sword from the ground and unsheathed it, dropping the scabbard to the ground. She swiftly walked up to her and Seraphina conjured up a sword of burning flame. Rosalis swung at her and Seraphina put her sword up, blocking the attack. Both blades clashed and they proceeded to fight each other. They fought, sliced and parried, one trying to kill the other. Rosalis parried an attack and seized a chance, ramming her cold blade into the witch's chest. Seraphina gasped, her face in unbelievable shock, her mouth wide open. She looked down at herself. Blood stained her white dress, turning it into a nightmarish image. Rosalis swiftly drew her blade out, slicing the flesh even more. Seraphina collapsed to her knees and Rosalis delivered no mercy to her as she went to plunge her sword into her skull. Suddenly, Seraphina shrieked and rocketed up into the sky, disappearing. Rosalis turned and looked at Forthwind, saw him quickly turn back to normal once more. The wizard suddenly collapsed to his hands and knees and vomited up a large quantity of water. He looked down at the puddle and shakily stood up onto his legs once more. He looked at Rosalis a bit oddly.

"Why do I taste charcoal in my mouth?" Was the first thing that he asked. He then looked down at himself and saw the state of his robes. He looked up at Rosalis, waiting for her to speak. She did not answer. "Rosalis, what happened?" He urged her, trying to get the answer out from her. She sighed.

"Seraphina turned you into a lich and forced you to kill me."

Forthwind's mouth dropped open slightly in shock. "Oh good Lord. I sincerely apologise."

"There is nothing to apologise for. You had no control over yourself."

The wizard smiled. "Thank you. You are too kind. Where is Seraphina now?"

"She flew off. She's gone."

Forthwind sighed. "We have more pressing matters at hand anyway. We need to stop Wolfgrimm."