7

Terrowin Parsefal made his way through the dark corridors of Wolfholde's palace, ready to deliver the news to Wolfgrimm. He walked through the large double doors and stood in front of his lord. Wolfgrimm was sat in a large dark throne that looked like a tree trunk that had exploded from the inside. There were tens of shards of dark metal sticking outwards, looking like they could easily impale anyone. The king of Wolfholde looked at his spy.

"You bring news?"

"Indeed I do, my lord." Terrowin replied, inclining his head in a bow. He looked up. "The custodian and herald of King Edmund II of Frinnor is journeying here."

Wolfgrimm suddenly smiled. "So, Rosalis Ventris is coming after me." He nodded his head upwards at him. "Fetch the mercenaries."

Terrowin bowed and turned around, walking out of the hall.

Terrowin walked down the corridors of the castle and stopped at a door. He opened it, not waiting for an invitation. The triplets, Favian, Fendrell and Hildegard Terricus all sat at a table, playing cards. "Wolfgrimm wants to see you three." Terrowin told them. Without one question asked, they put down their cards and followed after him.

The triplet mercenaries stood in front of Wolfgrimm, eagerly waiting to see what mission he was going to give them.

"Your mission is simple," Wolfgrimm said, standing up from his throne. He stepped over to a cabinet. "kill Rosalis Ventris." Opening the cabinet, he grabbed three small purses and turned around, chucking them one each. They all caught their pay and stuffed the purses into their clothes. "You are free to kill anyone that gets in your way. That will be all."

Without waiting for anything else, the mercenaries made their way out of the castle, beginning their mission.