47

Rosalis and Uliraf climbed back down the mountain, making their way back to Wolfholde. They walked along the path, when suddenly, a group of mercenaries hoved into view. They looked at them.

"Well, well." One of them said. "The regent king of Frinnor has put a bounty on your head, Rosalis. But it seems that you also have the ruler of Wolfholde with you as well. What a bonus that will be."

Rosalis and Uliraf looked at each other and slowly held their hands up, realising that they were triply outnumbered. They had no choice but to surrender. Rosalis' eyes suddenly caught something, behind the mercenaries. A six and a half foot, giant of a man, snuck up to them, brandishing a six and half foot zweihander. He suddenly swung it, decapitating two of the mercenaries in one swift move. He proceeded to fight them, with Rosalis and Uliraf fighting the rest. The man swung his sword into one of the mercenaries' side, getting through a gap in his armour. Blood poured out from the huge gash. Rosalis and Uliraf managed to finish off the rest and turned their heads to the newcomer as he put his foot to the corpse, dislodging his giant sword from it. He cleaned the blood off it as Rosalis and Uliraf stared in admiration.

"That sword would put Wolfgrimm's greatsword to shame." Uliraf mumbled.

"Indeed." Rosalis replied. The man sheathed his sword across his back and looked at them both. "Thank you."

Uliraf nodded. "Yes, thank you."

Rosalis suddenly narrowed her eyes, noticing the newcomer from somewhere. His face was rough, but clean shaven and his sandy hair was combed back, by his hands it seemed. Then, it suddenly clicked to her. "Graydon?" She said breathlessly, her mouth open, her eyes wide with shock. She walked up to him and he smiled down at her.

"Hello, little sister." Graydon Ventris greeted her. Rosalis suddenly screamed at him, smacking his plackart in anger.

"You left me!" She yelled. She suddenly wrapped him in a hug and sobbed. Uliraf looked at the two long-lost siblings sadly.

"I'm sorry for everything that I have done." Graydon told her gently, stroking her hair. Rosalis sniffled, but still cried, the shock and emotions being too much for her to contain.

"I...I forgive you." She said through her sobs.

The trio returned to Wolfholde and Rosalis explained her situation.

"Wait, wait, wait." Graydon said. "You were crowned queen of Frinnor, but your people turned against you. So you became queen of Wolfholde as a...failsafe, should you fail to take back Frinnor?"

"Yes. It is...quite a predicament."

Graydon leaned against the wall and crossed his arms, conflicted. After a few moments, he nodded. "I shall help you." He agreed.