Chapter 29

HOPE EVERYONE IS SAFE.

YOU COULD SCROLL UP AND HAVE A LITTLE RECAP!

I AM ACTUALLY NOT IN THE MANAN OR KYY FANDOM ANYMORE SO IT'S A LITTLE DIFFICULT TO STAY MOTIVATED. BUT DON'T WORRY, I AM NOT LEAVING THIS STORY!

HAPPY READING!

Manik woke up to an empty bed and the sun glaring right in his face. He cringed at the light and attempted to hide in Nandini's hair. But all he could find was a lone pillow. He hated waking up without Nandini by his side.

Groaning at her absence he turned around to call out for her, sleep completely out of his mind. Upon not hearing her answer back he worriedly sat up. Only to find a note placed on the side table.

'Been having thousands of calls from work. HAVE to go!

But I'll be fine. Promise!

Be with Tara today please?!

Love ya!!!

P.S. Thank you for holding me up last night. '

Manik sighed after reading the note. "Why do we even have phones then!" He sighed louder but smiled at the note anyway.

He freshened up after a while since he knew if he didn't do it soon enough, his daughter would barge in and start jumping on him to wake him up.

He was settled on the dining chair eating his breakfast and checking upon his emails and the news. There were even more pictures of Nandini and Madhyam released to the press. Madhyam and his alleged girlfriend were the new 'hot topic' for the media. Manik scoffed and tossed the newspaper away.

And that was when he also heard the tumbling footsteps climbing down the stairs. Tara was walking towards him in her tiny jammies with a sleepy face.

"Papa I wear these for school today?" She asked holding up a pair of brown cowboy boots.

"Good morning to you too princess! And yes papa would like a kiss." Manik mocked. But Tara kept staring at him and the boots, completely ignoring him.

"Fine. Yeah you can wear them." He huffed and pouted. Tara grinned and was about run away. "Hey! Atleast give your poor man a hug." The little girl dropped the boots away and sprang herself into his arms. She did love him after all.

Three hours, milk stains, water splashes later, and after almost getting his nails painted green, Manik managed to get Tara and himself dressed for her school. Buckling her up in the passenger seat, he settled himself and set out towards school.

"Papa you gonna pick me up?" Tara asked scratching at the car window.

"Yes baby I am going to pick you up." He was trying so hard to get girl's language in grip. "Why?"

"Can we get Maccy?"

Manik knew she meant Mc Donalds. He was almost about to give in to her puppy eyes but then Nandini's glaring eyes flashed before him, so he held himself.

"How about we go to the park instead, after school?" He tried to negotiate.

Tara pretended to think hard. Keeping her finger on her chin and wandering her eyes. Manik lightly scoffed at her antics.

"But only if can I go in the big wobbly slide." She finally announced.

"You got it." Manik agreed, stopping the car, getting her bagpack from the backseat and setting her up.

He bend down to her level and kissed her forehead. "Okay now you have a good day. Don't punch anyone and when you come back we will go onto that slide of yours okay?" She grinned wide at that and kissed his cheek in return.