Chapter 7

HEY YOU GUYS!!!!
THANK YOU ALL OF YOU FOR WAITING FOR ME SO PATIENTLY.
SO HOPE YOU ENJOY TNE LONG CHAPTER.

Manik's pov

Though it was cold outside, an icy shower was all that could help me get all those scary thoughts out of my mind.

Can't believe I was the last person Sanjay talked to. That he and Akriti were dead. That Tara was left all alone.

But what would have happened if the firemen didn't reach there on time and saved Tara.....even she would be....

NO!

Stop Manik...too much thought process.

I turned off the shower knob and grabbed a towel. Changing into a tshirt and sweatpants, in the closet, I went back into tbe bedroom.

Tara was sprawled on the bed with Nandini on her side. She was as if on a very serious mission of catching Nandini's fingers which she always missed. Seems like they're having fun, totally oblivious.

Nandini would have definately made a great mother...

Sighing I went up to them and thats when Nandini noticed me.

"Feeling okay?" Wifey mode switched on...

"Yeah... better"

"I'll go make you some coffee. Then you will feel much better, okay?" She said handing Tara in my arms.

"Nahi yaar... I jut wanna crash down." I rested my head against the head rest and folded up my knees together. Tara rested against my thighs grinning at me with her tiny fist in her mouth.

She was unreasonably happy. Her smile was so contagious, that it spread right onto our faces too.

"Alright then lets go to sleep." She was yawning already. I nodded and kept Tara in between us. She was rubbing her eyes with those little fingers.

If we really had a child would it sleep just like this with us.??

"And Manik please dont think about anything else. We will sort everything out tomorrow." She cautioned me and I sighed.

"Dont worry. I am okay." I said and placed a chaste kiss on her forehead while Tara kept gwaking at us with wide yet sleepy eyes.

Keeping the dreading thoughts away, we all soon fell asleep.

Early morning 5.35 am

I woke up abruptly to the sound of an incoherent crying and slow rumbling.

Nandini was pacing around the room with a wailing Tara in her arms, cradling her close to her chest.

I bolted up and sat on the bed.

"What is going on Nandini?" As soon as she knew I was up, she rushed to the bed and sat infront of me.

"I don't know Manik. She first just started whimpering and now she isn't stopping." She continued to rock her gently and rubbing her back.

This was just so disturbing for me. I had absolutely no idea what was supposed to be done.

Tara was crying. Nandini was panicking. And I was freaking out.

We were a total mess.

"Maybe... Manik I think she is hungry. So I even tried to make her drink milk but I guess she isn't really able to drink it through the glass yet...."

Ohh

"She is still used to breastfeeding I guess." Nandini frowned at that.

"Well then what.... what should we do now. She is not stopping." I had lost my cool.