Chapter 4

Two weeks later...

Past few days had been intensly difficult for both Manik and Nandini. Both of them were trying to cope with their inner battles as well as help each other in almost every way possible.

Nandini had started her treatment at the doctor to cure her acute endometriosis. Though she pretended to be buzy with her new project and design Manik always knew that she wasn't. But he would never let that go on, would he?

He left no stone unturned to make her feel special. He always got home before she did just so she dosen't feel alone. In these two weeks he never for once forgot to bring her a beautiful bouquet of her favourite flowers of Hydrangea. The number of hugs and kisses that he pampered her with had increased. Late night long walks had become a routine now.

Nandini was well aware of all the extra efforts that he daily put in just to make her smile and she highly appreciated them. So even she decided to not let her sadness affect their relationship.

Though not as cheerful as before, but Nandini was surely much better now. Still her health did not show much progress.

One day when Nandini got home, she found Manik in their room getting ready in a suit and tie.

Was he going soemwhere?

But boy, he looked so hot!

She came out of her thoughts and cleared her throat at him. He looked at her instinctively and gave her a cheeky smile.

"Hey babe, waise you could continue doing that..." he was still fixing his tie and now smirking at her. She gawked at that and sprung out to defense, "I was not staring at you!" He was getting closer to her while she just stood at the door gaping at him. "Yeah...but when did I say you were...?" The smirk just widened across his face and she was caught.

Manik laughed gloriously at her expense and put his hands around her neck so that he had to bend. "You are cute!" Saying, he gave her a chaste kiss on the lips. She went ahead and laid her head on his chest.

"Kaha jaa rahe ho?" She spoke softly. "Main nahi hum dono jaa rahe hai." He was super energised and held her away. "Arey remember Mr. Sharma...our client?" She kept nodding. "He bought a new house in juhu so he has a house warming party. And he has been pestering me from so long to come. So we have to go..." "Alright, I'll go get ready then" she sounded pretty excited. He was happy for that. "Cool! Till then I'll just catch up on some football..."

Since it was a house warming party she opted for a simple yet elegant yellow pleated saree...

Ans he was already decked up in a black suit and tie...