Chapter 22

HELLO THERE! HOPE EVERYONE IS OKAY.

OVERWHELMED BY THE VOTES AND COMMENTS.

WARNING: I AM GETTING A LITTLE GREEDY. LAST TIME THE GOAL WAS 20 COMMENTS. HOW ABOUT WE TURN IT UP A NOTCH?

30 COMMENTS AND THE NEXT CHAPTER IS YOURS!

SORRY IF THIS ANNOYS YOU👆

HAPPY READING.

Manik mixed the bowl of food Alka prepared for Tara and brought it to the dining table.

It was his day off today since Nandini had a meeting with the 'director guy' as he liked to call him. Manik had decided he was going to make the most of his day with Tara. He was going to spend it after weeks after all.

Tara was all ready for her breakfast, ducked up in her high chair and cradling the yellow ducky in her chubby hands. Her face shined visibly seeing Manik come in with the bowl of food, and she dangled her legs wildly.

"Okay calm down wild princess, here comes your royal food." Manik chuckled as he spooned a bite of the porridge that actually tasted bad according to him.

He fed her the little bite just to watch her swallow it completely. "You have to chew it babygirl." He demostrated it for her, chewing in a childish manner. She just looked at him amused and continued swallowing paying no heed to him.

"Nevermind. Here you go." He let out a sigh and continued feeding her.

Meanwhile, Nandini walked down towards the kitchen, clanking her shoes on the stairs. Dressed in an all back formal suit with leather shoes, she looked ready to rule.

"You know you don't have to look so damn good everytime you meet this director guy." He joked while feeding another morsel to Tara and Nandini just rolled her eyes at him in distress.

"You have no idea how intimidating that guy is okay! It's the final try-outs for the costumes today and if he dosen't approve of it, I am definately screwd!" She managed to say all of that nibling a piece of toast and managing her hair in a hurry.

"And why won't he approve of it." Manik asked. "He knows your work and likes it obviously. Thats why he chose you in the first place, right!"

"I know, but still...." Nandini doubted herself.

"Hey! Come here." Manik put down the bowl and called her closer. He held her hands firmly and comforted her. "You just need to know that you've given your best. Approving or not is his choice. But when you stay true to yourself, nothing is gonna stand in your way. Get it?"

Nandini smiled gratefully and gave him a kiss on his cheek. "You always, always manage to calm me down."

"Yeah I am a little bit of an expert in that department." Manik bragged for himself. Nandini smiled wider but then they heard a whine.

Tara was trying ti get out of the highchair and reach for the bowl on her own. Manik immediately freed Nandini's hands and took the bowl, feeding Tara a bite. "Sorry sorry princess! Here it is."

Nandini laughed again and kissed Tara's cheeks hard. "My poor baby was hungry and papa keeps ignoring her, haina?"

Tara maintained a puffed up face and stared at Manik almost as if accusing him. Manik smiled foolishly. "Sorry na baba. Mumma keeps distracting me."

"Okay bye, I really gotta go now." Nandini finished her breakfast and got up to leave, kissing both of the others goodbye.

"Say bye to mumma, say miss youuuuu." Manik said to Tara as they waved her goodbye.