Chapter 14

THANK YOU FOR 30K+ READS. ALSO THANK YOU FOR 500+ FOLLOWERS.!!!

DO GLANCE AT THE PREVIOUS CHAPTERS SO YOU GET THE LINK.

HAPPY READING....

Tara spent the rest of the day sleeping. Nandini tried to wake her up later in the evening to make her have her food. But her baby was too grumpy to eat anything. So she just ended up asleep with a half empty bottle of milk, with the sipper still attatched to her little mouth, right in her daddy's arms.

Manik watched her for a long time just sleeping in his arms and wondered how could that little life be so amusing. Both Manik and Nandini did not dare and wake her up again.

And it was midnight when Tara had enough sleep and now wanted to wake up and play with her mother.

Cuddled between both her parents she let out a loud wail seeing the darkness around. She wiggled around and flapped her tiny hands all over Nandini's face.

Manik was deep in sleep, but Nandini's motherly instincts got the best of her. She yanked her eyes open and saw her daughter looking up at her.

The room was dark except for the soft moonlight peeking through the curtains. Tara's face shined brightly as she tried to reach Nandini's face. Namdini couldn't help but grin widely and think how precious the little being next to her, was.

Having no movememt from Nandini, Tara let out another small cry. This alarmed Nandini and she quickly sat up on the bed, curling her hair up in a quick bun. Glancing at the bedside clock, she realised it was 4.30 in the morning.

She slowly untangled Tara from Manik's hold and held her in her arms. Manik twitched a little but fortunately didn't wake up.

"Ayee my little angel!" Nandini whispered warmly as she swayed the baby. "You missed mumma. Haina? You misshed me." She cooed at her and rubbed her nose with hers.

Tara, sensing the motherly warmth instantly relaxed in her embrace and hid her face in the crook of Nandini's neck.

Nandini shivered at Tara's gesture. She was having a hard time adjusting to the fact that this was her daughter, lying across her chest and calling her 'mumma'. With teary eyes she looked down at her baby and saw her innocent face. The thought that this little creature had turned her life completely upside down in the best possible way, was still difficult to digest.

She planted a tender kiss on Tara's feathery soft hair as she kept cooing near her chest. "Happy Birthday my Angel!" She said to her quietly and Tara responded with a louder, happier sound.

"Yeah? You are excited for your birthday?" She now held her body up and Tara looked at her face. "Mumma and Papa are alsho exchited..." she didn't reaslise as her tone automatically turned babyish and Tara kept gaping at her.

Seeing her mother smile Tara too flapped her hands around and made more happy noises. Nandini laughed along with her and kissed her face all over.

And now, about two hours later, Nandini and Tara were comfortably sitting on the rug at the foot of the bed.

All the toys spread around and a little bowl of finished food lying around in the corner. Tara would crawl towards the tub of toys and bring each one of them one by one in Nandini's lap.

Mr. Kack was not shared at all though...!

Never for once did Nandini blink her eyes to sleep. She watched her baby's every movement. She made sure nothing accidentaly went into her mouth. But her refusal to walk did upset her a bit. She was eagerly waiting for that moment.