Chapter 23

DAMN! YOU GUYS ARE A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH.

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.

SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS LATE, I FELL ASLEEP.

REALLY HOPE YOU LIKE IT

HAPPY READING

2 YEARS LATER

In the early hours of May morning, the Malhotra house was peacefully quiet. In her little bedroom, slept an angel in her tiny house bed, unblemished by any worries of life. Surrounded by fluffy white pillows and huge blush coloured comforter, her little face glowed from within, as her tiny fists closed on it.

The room was painted a flush pink colour and decorated with stars, as her name. Up on a shelf were placed all her stuffies along with a special place alloted to an old squeaky rubber duck which was not used as often now.

Her rosy lips pouted, silencing the tiny snores and her eyes flew open in a haste. For the girl who loved to sleep in and took a lot of convincing by her parents to get up, she was awake really early today. Rubbing her sore eyes with the back of her hand, Tara threw away the comforter and hoped off the bed, straight to her parents' room that was right next to hers.

Stumbling on her steps, trying to stay awake, she barged straight in. Manik and Nandini made sure they always kept their bedroom door open so that Tara could come and sleep with them whenever she wanted, which she often did.

The curtains in the room were shut, allowing only a little of the early morning sunshine to peek it's way in. The couple was asleep in their queen sized bed, tangled in each other. Tara noiselessly reached her father's side and shook him a little so that he would wake up. But Manik being Manik, didn't budge an inch.

Muddled, Tara pouted her lips and slapped a hand on her forehead. Papa dosen't remember anythinggg. "Papaa." She tried to whisper as quietly as she could and shook his back a little more. To this sound, Manik finally woke up.

Turning his face to her, he sat up on the bed alarmed. "What's wrong princess?" He asked in a hoarse morning voice and looked for the time. Tara widened her eyes looking at him as if he were a criminal.

"Papaa you- you forget na..." She accused him in a low voice. Manik still looked at her dumbfounded but then suddenly a memory struck him. How could he dare and forget.

It was mothers' day today. And Tara had specifically listed out a number of tasks Manik had to get done today, in order to surprise Nandini. But Tara was a kid after all, when she thought she was having secret conversations with her father, she was oblivious to the fact that her mother could hear it all loud and clear.

"Oh- ofcourse I remember..." Manik started but Tara shushed him angrily. "Papa mumma will wake up!" He sensed her getting cranky and quickly got out of bed making sure Nandini was still asleep. Picking up his angry bird he sneaked out of the room.

"Okay now. Now you can talk."

"Paapa sab kuch baaki hai...!" She widened her eyes in horror. Manik couldn't help but smile at her enthusiasm. Hair all wild and all over the place, still in her night clothes, and a worried expression on her chubby face made her look all the more cute.

"Don't you worry little love, papa will handle everything okay." He kissed her and tried to rule out the tangles in her wavy hair. "For now, lets get you freshened up and then we'll start okay." She trusted him and nodded her head.

Soon after a quick wash up, the father- daughter duo walked into the kitchen, hand in hand, still in their pajamas. Alka was up and sorting out things for the rest of the day. She wished them a good morning and asked what they needed.