Chapter 8

SO NOW! ALL YOU GUYS WANTED WAS ANOTHER UPDATE. SOHERE YOU GO.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SHOW SOME LOVE AND VOTE AND COMMENT.

HAPPY READING!

Manik's pov

"We cant let you keep her, Mr. Malhotra."

No way!

"Ah... uhhm... inspector... what are you talking about. I... I mean.... why???"

My head was pounding. Lack of sleep and overwhelmness was taking a toll on me.

"We can talk about it if you want Mr. Malhotra."

Oh of couese we do!!

"Yeah... yeah hold on a minute."

I signalled him to wait there and rushed inside in the living room. Nandini and Tara were still sleeping in the same position, peacefully.

I went near them and gently patted Nandini's cheek in order to wake her up.

She stirred a little and then opened her eyes groggily.

"What Manik..." she asked cradling Tara closer to her.

"Jaan listen please. Go upstairs and sleep na..." I continued to wake her up.

"Whyyy..." she was no whinning like a baby herslf.

Not now sweetheart!

"We have someone coming over Nandini. GO!" I rather ordered this time.

"Fineee..." she stood up carefully holding Tara and started going.

But Mr. Kaamat had no patience whatsoever! He appeared in.

I am sure Nandini saw him and freaked out. Running upstairs faster.

"Mr. Malhotra can we make it quick?" He was annoying me now.

I motioned him to sit and passed a glare too.

"Look inspector, I don't see the problem in leting Tara be with us. Atleast until you found her relatives..."

"Actually Mr. Malhotra, we did find out about the Sharmas."

Oh...

"They are residents of Amsterdam. But the problem is that, supposedly they were not on talking terms with Mr. and Mrs. Sharma. They have denied to even identify the baby. Let alone adopting her."

What! How could even someone be so damn cruel. She is a baby for God's sake..

I sat there tongue-tied and tight lipped looking at him.

"Mr. Malhotra yesterday we let you take her because it was late and the baby was crying so much. We had no option. But now, I can no longer let her stay here. We have to take the baby in custody."

No no no!

"Li... listen inspector. Tara is a baby... alright. She... she wont stay anywhere else. And... also she is really sick. She had high fever last night."

I fought real hard to convince him.

"Mr. Malhotra..." he was shaking his head. "We have doctors and qualifued care takers for that. You don't have to worry..." he said giving me a sardonic smile.

Bastard! He had no idea that I had the power to make his transfer the next minute.

But I had to maintain my calm. This was about Tara.

So I closed my eyes, breathed hard and then spoke again to convince him.

"Look inspector, try to understand. Tara.... she is a very sensitive baby. Even when.... when her parents were alive, me and my wife were the only people she could stay with."