Chapter 9

SO SORRY TO KEEP YOU GUYS WAITING.

HAPPY READING...

Nandini's pov

"Shh shh don't cry baba... don't cr..."

"Maa.... mmm.... mamma"

My world stopped still. That one word kept echoing in my mind as the little angel kept crying hiding in my neck.

Tears pooled under my eyes and flowed down the cheeks. I couldn't comprehend what I was feeling.

Emotional. Shocked. Stunned. Confused. All the feelings running in my veins. But most of them...... Content.

Tara just spoke her first word! And it was 'mumma'!! And she called ME that!!!

I had lost all hope that anyone would ever, ever call me that.

I clumsily glanced at Manik to see him standing beside us smiling at me with tears in his eyes too.

Tara continued to blabber the same word  over and over again and my heart was blessed.

She had stopped crying but was still hiccupping keeping her head on my shoulder and playing with the nuptial chain just like she did in the morning. Manik came closer and pecked Tara's and my head, still smiling.

I couldn't stop kissing my little baby all over her face as she adorably shied away.

Manik's pov

Woah! I couldnt believe what had just happened. That look on Nandini's face after what Tara just said, was priceless.

I quickly snapped a picture of them as Nandini kissed Tara's face while she grinned at her.

I went beside them and kissed Tara's head as I took her in my arms. She immediately started flapping her tiny hands over my face.

"Yeah? You missed me too you little princess?" I smiled as I cradled her in my arms.

Amused by my little talk, she giggled even more.

"Ooooo....." her mouth made a perfect 'o' shape as she did that. I kissed her cheeks as Nandini smiled seeing us.

"Lets go home?" I asked Nandini to which she suddenly got serious.

"No Manik. We need to go to the hospital first. Tara needs a check up and she is still very warm." My hand reached to her little arm and I realised that she really was.

"I think we should go to Dr. Patel only. She knows my history so we won't have to explain much to her." Nandini suggested and I readily agreed.

Going towrds the car I handed Tara to Nandini.

"Mmmma" Tara voiced again as she landed in her arms.

"Ohhh mera bacchaaa" Nandini cried in delight and smiled at me. I chuckled back feeling content than ever.

It was a treat to watch Nandini smiling like a fool after so many days. I would pay a fortune just to keep that smile on her face, forever.

In the hospital

Manik's pov

I asked the receptionist for an urgent appointment, yet we were asked to wait for some time since the doctor was attending an operation.

Having no option left, we settled on an empty bench in the waiting area.

There were quite a few people around. Seeing them, Tara hugged Nandini tighter and hid in between her neck.