Chapter 13

SORRY FOR THE EARLIER INCONVINIENCE. THE CHAPTER GOT PUBLISHED BY MISTAKE.

DO REFER TO THE EARLIER CHAPTER TO GET THE LINK BACK.

HAPPY READING...

Manik's pov

Nandini rushed to get her ringing phone from the dining table.

"WHAT!" She screamed, and my head snapped at her direction and Tara jumped scaredly.

Taking her back in my arms, slowly rubbing her back, I walked towards Nandini.

She was still discussing something over the phone. As she looked at our direction, she began to jump up and down.

And this time, both me and Tara looked at her acting like a complete lunatic!

"Yeah yes okay. Yes I'll be there. Yes yes. Alright bye."

She hung up and started jumping again. "Oh my god Maniikk! You won't believe what just happened!" Even Tara started giggling looking at her.

"What what? Kya hua?"

"Madhyam Singhania, that famous director, he is about to make a period drama film, and he wants ME to design all the costumesss." She screeched loudly.

"What really! That is so great baby." I exclaimed happily as I hugged her close. "I am so proud of youu." I kissed her hair.

"Mummmaa meee" Tara waved her hands at her. "Yes baby girl mamma is so happy.!!"

"And.... and he wants to see me right now and have a meeting."

"Well then, that's great Nandu. Go get ready quickly." Tara crawled over my shoulder and now wanted to go back to the duck.

"Yes ye..." she abruptly stopped and frowned. "I... I can not go.."

"What? But why?" I questioned her.

"Manik... Tara. It's her birthday. We have to plan so much.... I..." I let Tara down, and she happily crawled back towards the sofa.

Holding Nandini's arms, I made her sit on one of the chairs and settled on the other.

"Listen Nandini. No matter how much we love to be with our baby, we have to realize that we also have other responsibilites. There are people out there who are depended on us."

"And some day or the other, we both have to go back to our work." She slumped and again looked at me sadly.

"Aur tab hum kya karenge?" I sighed, 'cause I myself didn't know the answer to that.

"Come on, let's think about that later na.... for today, I will be here. Alright?"

"Okay..." she agreed dejectedly.

"Tch" clicking my lips, I shook her by both the hands. "Nandini Malhotra!! You are gonna be the costume designer for a filmm!!! Cheer upppp!"

She giggled and finally agreed. But before going upstairs, she grabbed Tara in arms and showered lots of kisses and 'i love yous' at her. But she just groaned in annoyance since Mr. Kack had fallen down now.

Nandini placed her down again and ran up. Sighing, I went up to my princess and tried to make sense of what she was trying to play.

Finally after distracting her from that duck I stood up, with her clinging to me.

And while I was showing her the lego set, I turned my head, hearing the sound of clicking heels.

And there stood my gorgeous wife! In all her business woman look, making her look all the more beautiful.