Chapter 17

SO CLOSE TO 50K READS. THANK YOU SO MUCH. SORRY FOR THE INCONVINIENCE EARLIER.

HAPPY READING....

(GRAB YOUR TISSUES 😅)

A few days later...

Both Manik and Nandini still continued to work from home and tried to spend as much as time as they could with Tara. They had understood that even if she called them mama and papa, she hardly knew the meaning of those words. And that she would still cry, missing the people she spent a year with. So they made sure that she was always accompanied with atleast one of them while the other worked.

Tara had her own share of happiness with both of her parents. She loved to sit on the slab and watch her mother cook. She loved listening to the stories while Nandini made her eat food. Manik had become her favourite play toy; ofcourse next to Mr. Kack. Manik would literally play anything with her. The COO of Malhotra Industries was roaming all around the house on his knees with his daughter on the back. Her favourite part was at the end of the day, was when Manik craddled her in his arms and sang soft lullabies while patting her back to put her to sleep.

Today, like any other regular day, Nandini was in the kitchen making breakfast with Alka at her help. Manik took the turn to bathe and dress Tara up. It was his favourite routine.

Manik came down to the dining hall with a fresh-faced Tara in his arms. She wss giggling and blaberring to herself. Manik had doned his formal clothes, which Nandini noticed while she was setting the plates on the table.

"Arey? You're going to the office today?" She asked him while taking Tara from his arms.

"Haa woh Cabir called. Kuch important meetings lined up hai toh jaana padega." He settled himself.

"Alright then, today mamma and baby are gonna have fun akele-akele. Hai na baccha..." she snuggled into Tara and Tara cooed.

Manik smiled a fake jealous smile and started his breakfast.

Finishing his breakfast, Manik got up to collect his stuff while Nandini kept feeding Tara.

"Accha Manik, kab tak wapas aaoge?"

"Pata nahi jaan, jab tak meetings chalengi. Kyun?" He wore his shoes and grabbed his wallet, ready to leave.

"Woh, I had to buy some more groceries and some new stuff for Tara, aur...."

"Nandu main aake baat karta hu na. I'm getting late." He silenced her with a quick kiss. And turned his attention to the daughter.

"Okay princess, so papa will go and come back quickly alright. Dont miss me too much huh. And please dont cry. But papa's gonna miss you so much." He kissed her all over. "Bye you little angel baby. I love you so much. Bye..."

"Ahem ahem..." Nandini fake coughed to distract him. "Tumhe late ho raha tha na..?" She smirked.

"Haa haa jaa raha hu" he stood up in defence, but crouched down again and said in Tara's ears, "mamma is jealous of you princess" but it was loud enough for Nandini to hear.

Nandini laughed and smacked him on his head. He laughed back and kissed her forehead. "Bye jaan. Take care."

Tara too kept waving him byes till she could see.

After finishing up the breakfast, Nandini took Tara upstairs to lay her down for a lap.

She tried singing lullabies for her and even patted her around the room just like Manik did. But sleeping without Manik seemed impossible for Tara.

Admist all this, Alka knocked on the door.

"Kya hua Alka?" Nandini asked in a hushed voice.

"Mam woh maine saare kaam khatam kar diye hai. Aur woh mujhe aadhe din ki chutti chahiye thi. Meri ek behen ki shaadi hai na iske liye." Alka asked polietly.