Chapter 21

JUST LIKE I PROMISED!

HAPPY READING.

After Nandini had left for her parents' house along with Tara, Manik felt he needed to stop her and call them back. But he knew that they both needed to calm down first.

He decided he didn't want to go out anymore nor was he hungry now. So he just grabbed a soda from the fridge and slumped on the bed watching some rubbish television.

His phone rang flashing Cabir's name. He realised he forgot to inform Cabir that he wasn't going anymore.

"Manik I just left my place, where are you?"

"Cabir yaar. Sorry but I think I am gonna pass." He sighed rubbing his temple.

"Thats okay but you don't sound good. Tu theek hai?" Cabir questioned.

"Yeah 'm fine. Just random stuff." Manik tried to avoid his interrogation.

Cabir was quiet for an instance and then replied. "You fought with Nandini." He sounded too confindent and Manik hated it.

"How do you even know???" Manik deeply wondered.

"Oh I know your that voice very well by now.." Manik could hear him smirking under his voice and that just annoyed him more.

"Tu ruk. I am coming there." Cabir said.

"No no you don't have to. She just went to her parents' house. It nothing serio-"

"Shut up. I'll be there in a few minutes."

Cabir hung up and Manik flopped his phone away on the mattress knowing he had no escape.

Just as he promised Cabir arrived and joined Manik to watch the TV. For a good hour they just silently watched the football match drinking the fifth can of soda.

Suddenly Cabir decided he was bored and shut off the TV leaving Manik baffled.

"Cabir what the fuck?! He was about to score!" He could atleast curse now.

"Forget about it. Now tell me what happened."

Manik knew Cabir was serious. So he just made a face at him and blurted everything out to his bestfriend.

"It was never like this before you know. I mean she never had any problem with me hanging out with you guys. Heaven knows what happend to her all of a sudden." He sat cross legged on the bed.

Cabir sighed and smimed softly at him. "Manik you are really stupid aren't you?"

"You think all this is my fault?" He snapped at Cabir.

"Its nobody's fault if I am being honest. You guys just need some parenting advice."

"Cabir, this has nothing to do with Tara okay." Manik was offended.

"This all has to do with Tara Manik." Cabir exclaimed and Manik looked at him perplexed, waiting for him to explain.

"Okay look. Before Tara came in your life, you both had your jobs out of the house. You both had work friends and still managed to spend time with each other."

Manik was still not grasping the point of Cabir's TedTalk but he chose to listen anyway.

"But now, as a matter of fact, you have a real person involved in your relationship. And that person is really tiny and needs all the attention possible. So it is obvious that you are going to have trouble balancing your work, friends, partner and baby's happiness. But you gotta learn to do it somehow."