Chapter 26

GUESS WHO'S BACK AFTER 500 YEARS.!

PLEASE DON'T BLAME ME COLLEGE AND COVID HAVE RUINED ME.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO SCROLL DOWN AND READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER AGAIN.

HAPPY READING

Just as he had promised, Manik stood beside the school gate ten minutes earlier, than the assigned time. Other parents too, like Manik and Nandini were waiting for their kids to get back. And just like them Manik and Nandini were anxious to know how their child's first day at school had been.

Adi's class was the first to let out and they quickly spotted Adi running out through the gate, trying to find his parents.

"Adi here, here!" Nandini called out to him.

"Nanduuu" he exclaimed running towards them and hugged Nandini's waist.

"How was your day bud?" Nandini asked kissing his forehead.

"I like school, so so it was good but" he looked around, "but where is dad?"

"Your mom and dad have gone to your Nani's place." Manik answered. "So today you have to stay at the other home is that okay?"

Adi thought for a while looking up at Manik with wide eyes and suddenly exclaimed, "so so sleepover?!"

Manik laughed at that and nodded in a yes still looking for Tara to come out.

And after another class went by, they finally found Tara waddling down the path with her tiny bag wobbling on her shoulders and her sippy water bottle clutched in her dainty hands.

Manik quickly went up to her as soon as she caught his sight.

"Papaaa" she cried and threw herself at Manik. And him being the perfect guy that he was, caught her right in his arms.

"There's my princess! I missed you so much" Manik placed tiny kisses all over her head.

"I also miss you papa" Tara replied returning the kisses. "But only little ha. Cause, we play so much" she reasoned out.

Manik laughed loud and carried her back away from the croud to the car where Nandini and Adi stood waiting for them.

"And how much did you miss me, little angel?' Nandini questioned.

"Also only little mumma" she answered honestly.

"Okay baby. But I missed you lots. Papa is very boring you know" Nandini winked and both Adi and Tara let out a giggle as Manik buckled them in their seats.

"Oh yeah? Well that was not what you were saying about an hour ago?" Manik shot back.

Nandini blushed hard and got in the passenger seat pretending as if nothing happened. Manik gave a winning smirk and got in his seat, driving off.

"What did you do today Tara? Did you make any friends?" Nandini asked.

Tara who was busy tring to wrestle with Adi turned her attention towards the question. "Yes mumma I made a new boyfriend!" She blurted.

And although Nandini understood what she really meant, Manik on the other hand choked on dry air and had to take several deep breaths to calm himself. Adi and Tara remained innocently confused.

"Okay baby what was his name?" Manik asked curiously.

Tara looked around for a while, thinking hard. "I forget papa. I don't- I don't knowww."

"That's okay love." Manik assured. "It's kind of good you don't." Nandini just laughed at his protectiveness.

Right after they reached home, both the kids threw off their bags in the living room and rushed to Tara's playroom where all of their toys were kept. Manik and Nandini sighed and wandred after them.