Chapter 27

1000 YEARS LATER....

SURPRISE!

HAPPY READING.

With Manik gone out of country for work purposes, Nandini was left alone with Tara. The first few days they both had the best time, but as the deadline for submitting the costumes for Madhyam Singhania's new film was approaching, she was starting to loose patience with Tara.

She always tried to control herself, it wasn't the little girl's fault that she had so much work to do. But as any other working mum she did get frustrated sometimes.

And today was just one of such days.

"Tara, go back to your room." Nandini told her daughter when she saw her come into the room.

She was sitting at the desk in the bedroom, working on the sketches, and this was the second time Tara had come back to her room after she put her to bed.

"No mumma." Tara denied as she tried to wiggle herself into Nandini's lap. "I wanna cuddwe."

"Mumma has to work babygirl, so go back to your room or I am going to get mad." Nandini insisted, and prevented her from crawling up her lap.

"No!" Tara said stubbornly.

"Tara no more masti now, go back to bed!" Nandini exclaimed.

And the yelling did it. 'Cause that's when Tara broke down in tears, and Nandini knew she was just tired, and the solution for that was for her to go to bed. But it was way past her usual bedtime and she had already put her to bed twice tonight, so she decided to focus on her work and let her cry.

No matter how much she hated to see the little angel cry, sometimes it was important for her to play the stricter parent role and make Tara realise that she couldn't always get what she wanted by throwing tantrums.

"Do you need any help di?" Alka asked as she peeped into the room. She was asked to stay at home all day since Manik was gone, so that she could help Nandini with Tara.

"Akku!" Tara cried and walked over to her.

"Come here, princess." Alka said and picked the little girl up in her arms. "What happened?"

"She should be in bed by now but she keeps getting up, and she knows she's not supposed to do that." Nandini explained, keeping her tone stern.

"Mumma's right Tara, you should be sleeping." Alka told her, rubbing her tears.

"I don't..... wanna" Tara sobbed in Alka's arms.

"Why?" Alka wondered.

"I.... wanna... cuddle" Tara managed to say between more sobs.

That actually made Nandini's heart break and she felt bad.

"How about we go to your room and we can cuddle so mumma can work, huh?" Alka proposed.

"O-kay." Tara accepted. Over the years she had gradually warmed up to Alka and now was closer to her than ever which relieved Nandini a bit.

So Alka left with the little girl in her arms and closed the door behind her, which Nandini was greatful for because she really needed to focus.

And thankfully, she was able to complete most of the sketches within the next few hours without any interruptions, until around at 1.30 AM, when there was a little knock on the door, and Alka peeked inside.

"Di?" She asked.

"What's going on?" Nandini asked confused.

"Woh, Tara's a little sick." She announced.