Chapter 3

Manik's pov

None of us spoke a word for a little while, when I heard a meek whisper from the other end.

"I...I am so sorry" Nandini then burst out wailing right beside me.

And could my heart break any more for this woman!

Damn! She was doing just what I was afraid she would. She was entirely blaming herself for whatever had happened.

She was writhing like a dry leaf, right next to me and I couldn't even gather up the courage to go up to her. My muscles wouldn't move an inch and my mind was numb.

God you jerk! Get up and hold your girl!! My subconscious barked at me. So I did just that.

I slowly went near her and just held her close to me

I slowly went near her and just held her close to me. Because I knew, explainig anything to her right now woudn't bear me any fruit.

She kept sobbing and my heart broke even more with every tear drop of hers.

I let her cry some more. After sometime she somehow fell asleep on my chest. I was glad though. She needed some serious rest, so that even I could take time to digest all the information that was thrown right at our faces.

I could not even imagine the amount of pain Nandini was going through this moment. But I certainly did not and never would, blame her for any of this. None of us saw it coming.

While she was soundly asleep, I decided to make some calls to our parents and let them know the current happenings because I din't want them to know in front of Nandini which would have made her even more emotional. Sure they were shocked, but atleast they would now get time to absorb the news before  they met Nandini.

By the time Nandini woke up, it was almost 9 o'clock. I had prepared some dal rice for us. Though forcefully, but I was glad she atleast ate some. And now, it was time to talk!

"You okay?" I asked, wiping her mouth frm a towel. She nodded her head pursing her lips, which soon started to wobble. "God Nandini no. Enough crying please baba..." I coaxed her in the softest way but she jerked off my hands away.

"Enough? Seriously Manik! It is so easy for you to make me stop crying na??" The volcano had finally erupted and I was so happy. She had to vent it all out. So I kept mum and patiently listened to her.

"Just...'stop crying Nandini' and you are done!" She accused. "But let me tell you, you have no idea of what I am going through Manik. You have no idea how it feels to know that you can never ever, ever be a mother!!!!" She was yelling with the tears streaming down. "It hurts...it literally kills to realize that the thing you were waiting from so long to happen will never occur to you in your entire life!!! Tum nahi jaante Manik!" She cried even more.

I gulped tbe lump in my throat and cleared it. "You are right. I have absolutely no idea what your are going through and I know I never will. But even you don't know the pain I am bearing seeing you cry yourself blind for this. And you also have no idea how much it hurts and kills me to watch you blame yourself for this; which is so, so not true!!!!"  This shut her up. "I agree that you are  in a lot of pain but keeping crying over the same thing and hampering your health is not something I will tolerate. It is not going to alter my love for you jaan." I raised my voice a bit but then again slowed it down. "Nandini, the doctor said right? There are a few procedures and treatments that might help us. So we still have hope baby...."

She peeked up and looked at me. "I love you." She spoke and I melted right then and there. "Then stop hurting yourself so much." I pleaded. "We will work it out...just like always." She bobbdd her head up and down. Oh the red nose and puffed up cheeks! She was a baby herself.

I laughed inwardly and back hugged her hard and made us lie down on the bed. "I love you so much more you silly, silly girl" I confessed again and  she finally smiled a little smile.

I would really take a bullet just to see that damn smile!!!

End of chapter...

Thrilled by the response guys! Thanks a lot❤❤

Please try to share the story. And so sorry for late update.

Next chapter coming soon...