⚘ 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

"can you stop staring at the door and eat your ramen already?" Renjun rolled his eyes as he looks up from his own bowl of ramen noodles to see his friend ogling at the door where his roommate had escaped to.

Jaemin blinks before finally turning his attention back to him, "dude, why didn't you tell me you have a cute ass roommate?" His face and tone showed betrayal.

His witch friend scoffed, "because I didn't think I'd have to do that." He shrugged with his excuse.

"Atleast warn a guy," Jaemin scolds before looking up to brush his messy gelled-up hair. "I could've looked bad for my first impression, and your roommate was super cute."

"Bummer," Renjun snorted as he takes another slurp of his food.

Jaemin only stuck his tongue out before he continued eating his meal, occasionally glancing at the same door he was staring at before.

Once they were finished, with Renjun using a spell to clean up their mess, excusing it as 'he was practicing' or whatever for his class as Jaemin only mocked him for it.

They had spent a few more hours hanging out, Renjun trying to practice a few spells while Jaemin just disturbs him out of boredom, then goes back to wondering about his friend's roommate.

"Are you leaving or what?" The elder crossed his arms as he waited at his doorway while Jaemin just stood there.

"Someone will miss me." Jaemin shrugged, a small smirk on his face.

Renjun bit the inside of his cheek, "I most certainly can assure you, no one will. I have to study anyways and if you're talking about my roommate, he barely even looked at you before running off."

The younger sighed at his words, "I barely saw him too, yet I already know he's a cutie."

"He stared at you like a ghost."

"Sort of, I am. I'm a vampire, I don't have reflection and shit." Jaemin joked before walking over to the door and stepping out of Renjun's apartment.

"But even though you claim not one of you will miss me, us as friends and him and I as a couple–"

"You didn't even make eye contact less than 5 seconds, let alone speak or breath near each other." Renjun remarks.

"Oh, but I can still smell him." Jaemin protested with a grin.

The elder smacks his forehead with his wand, ignoring the yelp he lets out. "Of course you can, my entire apartment is filled with his scent and not only that, but you're a vampire."

"And he's....?" The said vampire friend drawls teasingly, playing dumbfounded of Renjun's roommate's identity.

"I know you already have an idea on what he is, Jaemin. You're an immortal too for fuck's sakes. You have a good nose, no wonder you go through to swoop in everyone's business." Renjun added the last part boldly.

Jaemin gasps mockingly in return, "how mean." He ended with a chuckle before patting his witch friend on the shoulder, "anyways, I have to go. It's dinner time."

"While you're at it, fetch me a cow's utters, pig's blood, a chicken's intestine, and.... Oh, an old goat's milk." The elder lists off, waving his wand around to reveal a paper with the exact words he had recited on it.

"I should start telling you to pay me for these hunting things," Jaemin could only grumble as he snatches the list off of Renjun's fingers before speeding off.

As Renjun closes the door to their apartment, a small creak was heard from one of the doors. "Injunnie?" A small shy voice calls out.

Renjun hums, letting the person know he's listening and walks over to the table where he left his books for his studies on.

"Who was that guy?"

"Just my friend, nothing to be scared of." The elder reassures, glancing at the door that was only opened a bit but he still couldn't see the person.

"Oh," the person lets out, Renjun couldn't help but coo at how his roommate had said it. Cutie. "Let me know next time if you have someone over, that was scary."

Renjun smiles, even though the person couldn't see him, and replies. "Noted," he then arranges his mess of books before asking, "are you hungry?"

"Yes..." The person said shyly. It's been a few weeks of them being roommates and all, but the person was still shy and hesitant towards Renjun.

The witch didn't mind though, he understands an immortal like his roommate would react this way. So he brushed it off and made the first moves to gain his roommate's trust.

"I'll go make you dinner, come out if you want." He said while already heading off to the kitchen and ready to cook a meal for his roommate.

"I left my wallet in your apartment," Jaemin had said to his witch friend over the phone call.

It's been more than two weeks again, and ever since he has took a small sniff (okay, a lot of big sniffs) of Renjun's mysterious roommate's scent, he had tried to meet said roommate again face to face this time.

He failed. Every time.

It's either the roommate was already there and was locked up in his bedroom, where he had actually escaped to in the first incident, or he's out at work as what Renjun had said.

He thought it would be easy and all, but he had underestimated the situation.

Renjun has been snitching on his roommate about Jaemin's plans, informing the person beforehand so they could go hide away from the guest vampire.

It's totally Renjun's fault.

"Dude, can you slow down with your plans or whatever? You're like really desperate to meet my roommate." Renjun had remarks on the other line of their call.

Jaemin rolled his eyes and replies, "it's not my fault your roommate is literally cute and you didn't inform me about it. Bitch."

Yup, totally Renjun's fault.

A sigh was heard before Renjun said "Jaemin, if you wanted to meet my roommate. I'll let you, but please, don't scare him off and also stop sniffing his scent like a creep. Pervert."

Okay, Jaemin takes his words back. Maybe isn't Renjun's fault.