Chapter 20

Kiley woke up to her alarm going off. She got out of bed and went into the bathroom. She didn't see any clean towels.

"Hey Rick." Kiley called. "Are there any clean towels and washcloths?"

"Yeah. They're in the laundry room." Rick said. "I'll get you some." He brought her a towel and a washcloth.

"Thanks." Kiley said.

"Don't be long." Rick said. "Breakfast is almost ready."

"Ok." Kiley said before going into the bathroom. She turned the shower on and let the water get warm while she undressed. Once it was warm enough, Kiley stepped into shower. She let the warm water wake her up. When she finished in the shower, Kiley stepped out and dried off. She wrapped the towel around herself and blow dried her hair.

Afterwards, Kiley walked back into her room and looked through her closet for an outfit. She changed into a blue plaid shirt, faded jeans and grey boots.

She combed her hair out, put a headband in, and headed to the kitchen

"Smells good." Kiley said as she got the orange juice out and poured herself a glass.

"I'm home." They heard Drew say. He walked into the kitchen.

"Drew!" Kiley said.

"Hey sweetie." Drew said.

"Good timing." Rick said. "Breakfast is ready."

"Great." Drew said. The three of them sat down and started to eat. "How are you guys this morning?" Drew asked.

"Good." Kiley answered.

"How was your shift?" Rick asked.

"Slow night." Drew replied. "Nothing too big." Kiley and Rick nodded. "Ready for your history test?" Drew asked Kiley.

"Yep." Kiley said.

"Good." Drew said.

Later that day, Kiley was eating lunch with Hannah.

"So, how have you been?" Hannah asked.

"Good." Kiley said. "Rick moved back in. And I actually got to spend a night watching Drew work during his shift."

"That's great." Hannah said. "And so cool."

"Yeah." Kiley said. "What about you?"

"I'm ok." Hannah said. "Although, my parents are getting a divorce."

"I'm sorry." Kiley said. "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine." Hannah said. "They were always fighting, so I actually think it's better that they're splitting."

"I understand the always fighting." Kiley said.

"At least Drew and Rick worked it out." Hannah said.

"Yeah." Kiley said.

Just then, a guy came up to them. "Hi." He greeted them.

"Hey." Hannah said.

"Do you mind if I sit with you?" The guy asked, directing his question towards Kiley.

"Uh. Sure." Kiley said. The guy smiled and sat down next to Kiley.

"I'm going to sit somewhere else." Hannah said before she got up and walked to a different table.

"You're Kiley, right?" The guy asked.

"Yes." Kiley answered.

"I'm Justin." The guy introduced.

"I know." said Kiley.

"Do you mind if I ask about the interview you did with those two guys?" Justin asked.

"So, that's why you came over to talk to me." Kiley said.

"That's not it at all." Justin said.

"Sure it isn't." Kiley said.

"No, I've been wanting to talk to you for awhile." Justin said. "I just didn't have a good excuse to."

"Oh ok." Kiley said.

"I think it's cool that you were on tv." Justin said.

"My foster Dad was worried about all the reporters. Especially since they had been calling my cell phone." Kiley said. "But, I had fun doing the interview."

"Your foster Dad's the one with blonde hair, right?" Justin asked.

"Yeah." Kiley said.

"So, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime." Justin said.

"I'm kind of busy right now with schoolwork and track." Kiley said.

"Oh ok." Justin said. "I understand."

"I'll see you in class." Kiley said, standing up.

"Yeah. See you." Justin said.

As Kiley walked away, Hannah went up to Justin. "Don't take it personally." She said to him. "It's just been a little crazy for Kiley lately."

"No, I get it." Justin said.

"I'm going to give you her number and I'll tell her to expect a text from you." Hannah said. She wrote down Kiley's number and gave it to him.

"Thanks." Justin said.

Hannah went to go find Kiley, who was at her locker. "What the hell was that?" Hannah asked.

"What?" Kiley asked.

"Justin was trying to ask you out." Hannah said. "And you completely blew him off."

"Oh." Kiley said. "I didn't realize he liked me."

"He stares at you all the time in class." Hannah said.

"I never noticed." Kiley said.

"You are so oblivious." Hannah said, chuckling.

"Shut up." Kiley said, laughing as well.

"I gave him your number, so don't be surprised if you get a text from him." Hannah said.

"Alright." Kiley said. The two of them headed to their next class.