Chapter 5

A little bit later, Kiley was back in her room. Drew was with her, but he was asleep.

All of a sudden, Kiley started throwing up. "Drew." She said before throwing up again.

"What?" Drew asked, groggily. Kiley continued to throw up. "Woah." Drew said. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know." Kiley said. "But, I don't feel well."

"You're burning up." Drew said as he took her temperature. He put a bowl in front of her and stepped into the hall. "Somebody get Scott!" Drew ordered. "Jocelyn, I need your help."

"What's wrong?" Jocelyn asked.

"I don't know yet." Drew said. They went back into Kiley's room.

"What's wrong with me?" Kiley asked.

"We'll figure it out." Drew said. "It'll be ok." Kiley nodded.

Just then, Scott rushed into the room. "What's going on?" He asked.

"She just started throwing up and she has a fever of 102." Drew explained.

"Let's run some tests." Scott said.

"Jocelyn, can you help Kiley change and get her fresh bed sheets?" Drew asked.

"Of course." Jocelyn said.

A few minutes later, Kiley was changed and had new bed sheets.

Scott came into the room. "So, Kiley. It looks like have a post op infection from the surgery." He started. "So, we'll start you on some antibiotics and see if that helps."

"Ok." Kiley said. Scott and Jocelyn walked out of the room and it was just Kiley and Drew.

"You ok?" Drew asked.

"Yeah. Just tired." Kiley replied.

"Get some rest, then." Drew said.

"Can you read to me?" Kiley asked, pointing to her book.

"Sure." Drew said. He picked up the book and started reading.

When Drew saw that Kiley was asleep, he marked where he left off and set it on the table. Drew kissed Kiley on the forehead before going to get ready for his shift.