Chapter 15

At school, Kiley was eating lunch with Hannah. "Hey, are you ok?" Hannah asked. "You're really quiet today."

"It's just been a little crazy at home." Kiley said.

"Why?" Hannah asked.

"Rick moved out and I thought it was my fault." Kiley answered. "And today, I called Rick and asked him to bring me to school because Drew wasn't home and I had no idea where he was."

"Wow." Hannah said.

"I keep thinking that Drew isn't going to want me anymore and get rid of me because he'd rather have Rick than me." Kiley continued.

"I'm sorry." Hannah said. "I'm sure that's not true."

"I hope your right." Kiley said. They continued to eat.

After track practice, Kiley saw Drew waiting in his truck. She got in.

"Hey Ki." Drew greeted.

"Hi." Kiley said, coldly.

"Kiley, I'm really sorry about this morning." Drew said. "It won't happen again."

"Whatever." Kiley said.

"We need to talk when we get home." Drew said.

Kiley just nodded. Part of her was terrified that Drew was going to say that he didn't want her anymore.

When they got home, they both sat at the couch. "Kiley." Drew started. "Rick told me about the nightmares you've been having."

"Please don't send me to another foster home." Kiley begged with tears in her eyes. "You're the best foster parent I've ever had."

"Kiley, calm down." Drew said. "I'm not going to send you to another foster home."

"You aren't?" Kiley asked.

"Of course not." Drew said.

"I'm sorry." Kiley said.

"You have no reason to apologize." Drew said. "I should be the one apologizing. I'm truly sorry if you thought any of this was your fault and you thought I didn't want you anymore." Kiley started to cry. "Come here." Drew said as he pulled her into a hug and stroked her hair. "I promise I will never get rid of you."

"I love you." Kiley said.

"I love you too." Drew said, kissing her on the top of the head. "So much." They stayed like that for a minute. "Do you want me to stay home with you tonight?" Drew asked. "We can watch a movie."

"What about work?" Kiley asked.

"I can take off one night." Drew said.

"I'd like that." Kiley said.

"Ok. Let me call Jordan and I'll get dinner started."

"Ok." Kiley said.