Chapter 10

A week and a half later, Kiley woke up and got ready for school. She grabbed a towel and walked into her bathroom to take a shower. She started the water and undressed as it warmed up. When it was warm enough, Kiley stepped into the shower. She let the warm water wake her up.

Once she finished, Kiley turned the water off and stepped out of the shower. She dried off and walked back into her room. She changed into a white shirt with blue jeans and blue vans. She then straightened her hair.

After she finished getting dressed, Kiley picked up her bag and headed downstairs

After she finished getting dressed, Kiley picked up her bag and headed downstairs. "Good morning." She greeted Drew.

"Good morning, Kiley." Drew said. "How are you this morning?"

"I'm good." Kiley replied.

"Did you sleep ok last night?" Drew asked. Kiley had been sleeping in her room again.

"Yeah." She answered. Kiley started to make cereal, but Drew stopped her.

"I was thinking we could eat breakfast out before I take you to school." He said.

"Ok." Kiley said. She followed Drew outside and they both got in the truck. They stopped at a cafe near the high school. Kiley got a chocolate chip muffin and orange juice.

After they finished eating, Drew brought Kiley to school.

At lunch, Kiley was sitting at a table reading. "Mind if I sit here?" Someone asked.

Kiley looked up to see a girl her age. She recognized the girl from some of her classes. "Go ahead." She said.

"You're Kiley, right?" The girl asked as she joined her.

"Yeah." Kiley said. "

I'm Hannah." The girl said.

"It's nice to meet you." Kiley said.

"So, how are liking the high school?" Hannah asked.

"I like it." Kiley said.

"Have you joined any clubs or sports?" Hannah asked.

"I've only been here for a week and a half." Kiley said.

"Well, you should join a club or sport." Hannah said.

"I don't even know what I would join." Kiley said. "There isn't really anything I'm into."

"I'm sure there's something you can join." Hannah said.

"I don't know." Kiley said.

"I'm on the track team." Hannah said. "At least come and see the team. And think about trying out."

"Ok." Kiley said. The two of them continued to talk for the rest of lunch.

After school, Kiley made her way to the track field. "Hey." Hannah said. "You came."

"Yeah." Kiley said.

"Are you trying out?" Hannah asked.

"I'm not sure yet." Kiley said.

"Just watch the team first and then decide." Hannah said. Kiley nodded. "I'm going to go change." Hannah said.

"Ok." Kiley said. She watched the track practice.

When it ended, Hannah came over to her. "So?" She asked. "Are you going to tryout?"

"I still don't know." Kiley said. "I've never played any sports."

"Come on." Hannah said. "Track doesn't take as much as other sports."

"I don't have anything to change into or tennis shoes." Kiley said.

"I have extra clothes and tennis shoes you can use."

"Alright." Kiley said. "I'll try out."

"Awesome." Hannah said as she handed Kiley clothes and tennis shoes. "I'll talk to the coach and let her know." Kiley went into the girls locker room to change.

After she tried out, Kiley changed out of Hannah's clothes and shoes and handed them back to her. She then headed to the school parking lot, where Drew was waiting.

"Hi Kiley." Drew greeted.

"Hey." Kiley said, getting into the truck.

"How was school?" Drew asked as he drove off.

"It was good." Kiley replied.

"So, what do you stay after school for?" Drew asked.

"I tried out for the track team." Kiley answered.

"You did?" Drew asked. "How did it go?"

"I made the team." Kiley said.

"Really!" Drew said. "That's great, Kiley."

"Thanks." Kiley said.

"How does ice cream sound tonight to celebrate?" Drew asked.

"Sounds great." Kiley said. Drew smiled at Kiley and continued to drive home.