Chapter 27

A few weeks had had passed since the fight. Kiley had apologized to Alyssa and had served her detention. And now she was back to doing track again. But aside from that, Kiley was still having a difficult time with Drew being gone. She had been having nightmares of him not coming back. She knew Rick was trying to help, but it just wasn't the same without Drew. She had been going to therapy, but that wasn't really helping. She also has stopped eating. It did help when she was able to FaceTime him. Rick didn't know what to do to help her. Kiley was currently in her room, sleeping. Rick was in his room, FaceTiming Drew.

"Drew, I don't know what to do." Rick said. "I'm trying to help her, but I'm not you."

"Is she still having nightmares?" Drew asked. Rick nodded. "She hasn't gotten into anymore fights, has she?" Drew asked.

"No." Rick answered. "I think she learned her lesson on that one."

"Is she still going to therapy?" Drew asked.

"Yes, but it's not really helping her. She's not sleeping well because of the nightmares and she won't eat anything." Rick said. "I'm really worried about her."

"Me too." Drew said. "I wish there was something I could do."

"Do you have any ideas on how I can help her?" Rick asked. "Because I don't have anymore."

"Try talking to Jordan and see if she can help." Drew said. "I know Kiley has bonded with her and seems to really like her."

"Thanks Drew." Rick said.

Just then, Rick heard something come from Kiley's room, no doubt she woke up from another nightmare. Rick sighed.

"What's wrong?" Drew asked.

"Kiley's awake." Rick replied. "I'll be right back." He got off the bed and went into Kiley's room. "Kiley." Rick said as he lightly touched her shoulder.

Kiley shot up in bed and looked around her room. "Rick?" She asked, seeing him.

"Hey." Rick said.

"What happened?" Kiley asked.

"You were having another nightmare." Rick said. Kiley nodded. "Are you ok?" Rick asked. Kiley shook her head. "It's ok." Rick said, trying to comfort her. "You're ok."

"I miss Drew." Kiley said, hugging Rick.

"I know you do." Rick said. "It'll be ok." They sat like that for a minute or two.

"I'm sorry you've had to deal with me being like this." Kiley said.

"Kiley, I'm not angry or upset with you." Rick said. "I understand that you're having a really hard time without Drew. And I'm sorry you're having a hard time with it." Kiley nodded. "Do you want to talk to Drew?" He asked. Kiley looked up at him with a confused expression. "I was Face timing him when you woke up." Rick explained.

Kiley nodded, excitedly. They walked into the other room and Kiley saw Drew on the computer screen. "Dad!" Kiley said. She went over to the computer.

"Hey, sweetheart." Drew said. "I hear you're having a rough time." Kiley nodded. "I also hear that you haven't been eating." Drew said. Kiley nodded again, looking down. "Can you do me a favor?" Drew asked.

"What?" Kiley asked.

"Can you try to eat something?" Drew asked. "For me. Please."

"Ok." Kiley said.

"That's my girl." Drew said.

"I miss you." Kiley said.

"I miss you too, princess." Drew said. "I wish I could be there with you, but I'll be home soon." Kiley started to cry. "Don't cry, baby girl." Drew said."Listen to me." Kiley stopped crying, but tears still ran down her cheeks. "Lay down and I'll sing you to sleep." Kiley nodded and laid down. Drew started to sing and Rick stroked Kiley's hair, trying to comfort her.

After a minute, Rick saw that Kiley was asleep. "She's asleep." He said.

"Ok." Drew said.

"Thanks Drew." Rick said. "I'll talk to Jordan tomorrow."

"Let me know how it goes." Drew said.

"Will do." Rick said.

"Love you." Drew said.

"Love you too." Rick said, before ending the call. He picked Kiley up, carrying her to her room and laying her in bed. He pulled the covers over her and kissed her on the forehead before walking out of the room. He kept her door open in case she had another nightmare.