Chapter 6

A few days went by. Kiley was lying in her bed, reading. Drew came into the room. "Hey Ki." He greeted. "How are you doing?"

"I've stopped getting sick." Kiley said.

Drew took her temperature. "Well, your fever is gone." Drew said. "Those are good signs."

"I want to leave." Kiley said. "I don't want to be here anymore."

"I know." Drew said. "I'll go get Dr. Clemons. Let's wait and see what he says." Kiley nodded and Drew left the room.

A moment later, Drew came back with Scott. "Hey Kiley." Scott said. "I hear you want to go home." Kiley nodded. "Let's see you you're doing first." Scott said. He started to cry examine her. "Well, everything from the surgery looks good." Scott said as he finished examining her. "How are you feeling?"

"Better." Kiley said. "She said that that the nausea has stopped and her fever is gone." Drew said.

"So, can I leave?" Kiley asked.

"I would rather you stay for a least another day." Scott said.

"Please." Kiley said.

"I can keep an eye on her at home." Drew said.

"Ok then." Scott said. "Then, you may leave."

"Thank you." Kiley said.

"You're welcome." Scott said before leaving.

"Amy left some clothes for you." Drew said. "I'm going to go change out of my scrubs and sign you out."

"Ok." Kiley said. Drew walked out of the room. Kiley got out of bed and changed into the outfit her social worker left for her.

"Ready to go home?" Drew asked, standing in the doorway of the room.

"Yes." Kiley said, smiling.

"Well then, let's go." Drew said. The two of them walked out of the room and headed towards the entrance.

"Going home, Kiley?" Topher asked.

"Yep." Kiley said.

"Jordan, is it ok if I take off a couple of nights?" Drew asked. "Just so I can get Kiley settled in."

"Of course, Drew." Jordan said. "See ya, Kiley."

"Bye." Kiley said. The rest of the staff said bye as Kiley and Drew walked out the doors. They got in Drew's truck. They got some dinner before heading to Drew's apartment.

"Welcome to your new home." Drew said as they walked in. Kiley looked around.

"It looks nice." She said.

"Do you want to see your room?" Drew asked.

"Yes." Kiley said. Drew led her down a hallway and went into the room. The walls were blue and so was the bed. There was a desk, a bookshelf, and dressers.

"Jordan helped with the room and got you some clothes." Drew said. Kiley walked over to the closet and saw a whole bunch of clothes. "If you don't like it, we can change it to however you want" Drew said.

"I love it." Kiley said.

"I'm glad." Drew said.

"I'm kind of tired, so I'm going to head to bed." Kiley said.

"Ok. Good night." Drew said. He went over to Kiley and kissed her on the forehead. He walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. Kiley changed into a pair of pajamas, got into bed, and fell asleep.

AN: Kiley's room