Chapter 2

Two days later, Kiley was watching tv in the room, when she heard Drew and her social worker talking outside of her room.

"You're really going to send her back there after what he did to her?" Drew said. "He'a abusing her."

"And I will do my best to find her a new foster home." Amy said. "But, it's not that easy finding a home."

"What if I was her new foster parent?" Drew asked.

"Do you have a foster license?" Amy asked.

"No." Drew said. "How long would it take to get a license?"

"A few weeks to a month." Amy answered.

"Ok. I'll get a license, then." Drew said.

"Well until you have a license saying that you're a foster parent, I can't let her go with you." The social worker said, before walking off. Drew sighed and went into Kiley's room.

"Hey Kiley." He greeted her

"Hi." Kiley said. "I guess I'm being discharged?" Drew nodded.

"I can't go back to that home." Kiley said, starting to cry.

"Hey. It's going to be ok." Drew said.

"No it's not." Kiley said. "He's just going to continue to beat me."

"I promise you won't be in that home for much longer." Drew said. Kiley nodded. "I got you something." Drew said.

"What?" Kiley asked. Drew showed her a book. It was Charlie & the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl.

"That's my favorite book." Kiley said.

"Is it?" Drew asked.

"Yeah." Kiley said.

"I put my number in the book, so if you ever want to talk, you can call or text me." Drew said.

"Thank you." Kiley said.

"You're welcome." Drew said.

Kiley changed into the outfit that her social worker brought her and the two of them headed out of the hospital.

Drew felt sympathetic towards the girl. He wanted to help her and he was going to do everything he could to get her out of her current foster home.