chapter 3

Chapter 3

It was hot back on Earth 616 even if it was the end of November. New Asgard's humidity and constant change in climate was bugging me. One day, it's warm the next, we're burning the town. The cold in Hogwarts was constant and uprising every time I came back from 616. Somehow, I was leaning towards the colder places than the hot ones.

It was in the middle of Thursday night at the court in New Asgard. Lights were everywhere, brightening up each corner. Perrie, a blonde warrior two years older than I, has been joining every training with Sif as our mentor. We've been going back and forth with the 4th new sequence for the fifth time already but it was complicated.

My mind was hazy and a cluster, running back and forth to my tests before the Christmas Break and how I'm going to balance them with training and extracurricular. Suddenly, a punch came in contact to my cheek making me tumble backwards.

Fuck. I blinked multiple times, curling my fist. I dodged her next move and managed to hit her side. Soon, enough, after a couple of bruises hither and thither, we were done with our evening training. My Guardian helped in covering up the most likely bruise lip and some bruises on my limbs before I went back to Hogwarts. I slept as soon as I got back to my room.

I skipped breakfast because I didn't know what time I got home last night. I was too sleepy to care about what I looked like and just dashed to my first class. My bruises on my side were aching which made walking a little bit difficult. I managed to get to class in time before our professor could.

"What took you so long?" Zara whispered.

"I woke up late."

"I know. You could've run."

"I didn't want to. At least, I'm not late," I argued, scribbling down words coming out of Professor McGonagall's mouth. I'm tripping behind Transfiguration and I'm worried about it, so I just write and write.

After a few minutes, Zara nudged me, barely missing the bruise, disturbing me again. I raised an eyebrow forcing myself not to be annoyed. "Did you know what Adrian had told me?"

"What?"

"You slept with him."

"What?!" I almost screamed, making heads turn around to me.

"Yes, Torres?" Professor McGonagall called my attention from the front.

My cheeks turn into a bright red. "Sorry."

When everyone averted their eyes away from Zara and I, I turned back to her with my jaw on the floor. "I did not sleep with Adrian," I corrected her, keeping my frustrated voice low.

"I mean," She cleared her throat. "He said you slept on him."

"When?" I furrowed my brows, half of my attention to the Professor.

"Weeks ago. I just found out last night. We were playing truth or dare."

"Who else did he tell?"

"Flint and Terence were there."

I groaned, already imaging what they would be thinking. If I had been with them this breakfast, they would have teased me until my mind would combust. Maybe skipping breakfast wasn't a bad idea. After two more subjects without having food, lunch had come.

When we arrived at the Great Hall for lunch, my eyes were filled with great desire to be in love with Christmas. Hogwarts had embedded the Christmas Spirit in their decorations in the Great Hall. There were fairy lights from column to column, multiple were across the room. There were wreath- like leafy circles on top of the lighted chandeliers which had red and white tiny bobbles and little bits of gold dust in them. It was magical in the afternoon, what more if it was at night? That would be a sight to behold.