Chapter Fourteen- Bulldozed Out The Way

Keaton’s POV

Can I stay mad at Wesley or not? Inside me I feel that I can’t. He’s my brother and it’s just not a thing I do. Skyler was called straight the Principals office as soon as she stepped foot inside the school. Even though it was muffled I could hear that she was shouting. I have to say, it was kinda my fault. Being annoyed at her, I didn’t take any blame for it, just kinda went like ‘it’s your problem now, here have it!’ Some guy I am. The door was opened and slammed shut with Skyler on the outside.  I wasn’t taking any notice of the girl that was standing next to me, trying so hard for me to take any notice of her. Sorry mate, it ain’t working. Skyler spotted me and I swear she was trying to kill me just by looking at me.

“You are such a typical guy!” She shouted at me. Everyone seemed to stop everything just to look at what was going on. That is the problem these days no privacy wherever you are. “You could have gotten me expelled! I wish you could tell the truth sometimes!” Skyler accused me. I wish I could tell the truth too. Before I could try and stop her from saying anymore she shouted, “Everybody listen up! Never trust Keaton with anything or anyone!” Well, that’ll ruin a lot. Skyler pushed past me with all the force she could give, leaving me there breathless. The girl who was attempting to talk to me, looked at me disgusted, and then strode off head held high. By the look of her she seemed to be from Peyton’s group. All blonde hair, perfect and straight, make-up caked faces, perfectly painted nails, all the things I find extremely revolting. Seriously who even likes that?

Can I stay mad at Wesley? Definitely not, he hasn’t changed Skyler so we can go back to normal. Earlier I thought Skyler had finally opened up to me, obviously not. Mr Watson ran after Skyler, seeing all the accusations. PE was first. I don’t hate it, I don’t like it, I’m kinda in the middle. We had basketball, whilst the girls have dodge ball. From what I’ve heard, the girls are like trained assassins. Frankly it’s scary.

Walking along the plain grey hall, I soon came to the red door that led to the guys changing room. Pushing it with my hand, I found I was one of the first… surprisingly.

“Hey man!” Bradley chirped, bro hugging me as I set my kit down on the bench. “What was that girl about? She’s like a psycho?” Bradley mocked, receiving laughs from the rest of the group. Do not know why I am friends with these guys. Well, Bradley joined after we had become friends; he took over.

“It’s nothing. She just wants me too much!” I joked. Maybe I shouldn’t joke about it. If Skyler even as much knew about any kind of emotions except anger she would probably I don’t know, something other than anger, if that’s possible. After shrugging on my tee, I followed Bradley and the twins out to the court.  The air was warm on my bare arms, slowly seeping in to the rest of my body. Next week I’ll be in a house somewhere in Hollywood or something. Oh what fun. I’m actually quite looking forward to it. Won’t have to face Skyler everyday so that’s a pro.

“Dude? Dude?” Bradley brought me back to life. He slapped my arm playfully then dragged me to one side of the court. Apparently we had started playing. My team, I had to admit, I was the only failure of them. Bradley went to nationals last year with his basketball team from outta school; the twins included. The others were on the basketball team at school, so you can guess that they are sweet. To be honest, I couldn’t care less about Physical Ed right now. God this girl really gets to me! She shouldn’t but she does.

“Keaton!” Jason’s voice boomed. Before I could react, some guy off the other team jumped in front of me, just as the ball was being thrown for me. Well when I say jumped in front; I mean he kinda bulldozed me out the way. Loads of ‘Oohh’s’ were ringing around in my ears. My eyes would not focus and just left me with blurry vision and head that hurt like a bitch. A huge frame appeared over me, the face I could not see.

“Sir, Keaton hit his head pretty hard.” A voice I recognised to be Bradley’s. Another body appeared in my view; I presumed the teach’s.

“Bradley could you take him to the nurse? Come straight back.” The teacher left my view and I felt strong arms pull me off the ground and try and steady me. A wave of dizziness clouded my mind. Slapping my hand against my forehead, I managed to stay upright. My head felt like it would roll off at any moment.

“You ‘right mate?” Bradley asked, as we made it back inside. I nodded, then regretted it straight away, making a noise out of pain.

“What happened?” At the moment I could remember; it was either because it happened so fast or it was because I hit my head hard. I don’t know which.

“Caelan Slammed into you. Next time maybe move out the way.” A small chuckle escaped both our mouths. If only he knew that I was not fully there in the first place. Bradley’s arms where still supporting under my arms. They were not guns they were machine guns; they were huge! Mine are just pea-shooters. Seriously, they are. Soon we were at the nurse’s room. All I wanted to do was lie down and close my eyes roll into a ball and sleep. Bradleys hand knocked on the small glass panel, which read Infirmary, Mrs Devon. The light coming from there darkened as a body appeared there. Finally my eye sight was returning but slowly. Now I could make out more colours. A woman opened the door, saw me then ushered us in. Another person was in here, holding some white stuff to their nose. This room was like any other in this school; plain and boring; posters about medical advice were hung on the walls by a single pin, a sink metallic sink and a bed with a few chairs lining the walls. Another set of arms replaced Bradley’s and led me to the plastic, dentist like, chair.

“Hey see you later mate.” Bradley exited the room, just leaving the noise of the nurse shuffling around. Blinking harder, I managed to regain my sight. The nurse looked at me.

“Could you tell me you name?” Shielding my eyes form the light with my hand I replied;

“Keaton Stromberg.” I had forgotten about the person who was sitting on one of the chairs. They made a noise which sounded like a grunty groan thing, like they didn’t want me here. My eye travelled to see a girl, facing away from me. I knew well enough who it was. There was a bloody bunch of tissues in her hand against her nose. Turning her face, she stared at me. Skyler.

~Keep commenting and voting as you do please? If you know anyone who would like this story, please recommend it! Make me happy!? Nattyx~