Chapter One- Monday's Hate Me!

Keaton’s POV

“KEATON! HURRY UP! WE ARE GUNNA BE LATE!” My brother, Wes, screeched up the stairs. My eyes wandered to my clock that sat beside my bed. It was only seven. Too early in my books. Wes must get up really early, as he walked in fully dressed and buzzing with energy. Geez man.

“Come on!” Wes slapped my face as my eyes started to close.

“Ok! Okay!” I held my hands up in defence then slipped out from extremely warm duvet. I shivered. The house was so cold.

“Yeah, thought I’d turn the heating off for you!” It was like he read my mind. He’s a mind reader, Keaton beware. They are powerful! I mentally slapped myself. What was wrong with me?  When I looked at Wes’s face he had a mischievous smirk plastered across it. I was starting to shake now. Why is it so damn cold?! Mischief lingered in Wes’s eyes still. I don’t think it was just the heating.

“What. Have. You. Done?” My voice was stern. Wesley just stood there, hands in his jean pockets, a smile lingering on his lips. I raised an eyebrow at him. It was like he read my mind again. Wesley made a run for it, out my room and down the corridor to his room. My legs made their own way after him. The door slammed in my face. My toes unfortunately were involved and now were throbbing like hell. I picked my foot up and tried to balance by jumping around in circles on the landing.

“What was that?” I heard our mum muse up the stairs. I was too unable to speak. It’s just your toes idiot! To my left, footsteps were coming up the stairs. My toes finally calmed down. Now they were just red.  “What have you done now Keaton?!” I stood there speechless. She thought I did something? Tsk. I put my arms up.

“It was him!” I signalled to Wes’s room. She nodded her head sarcastically.

“Sure. Now hurry up. Don’t want to be late.” I moaned and slumped back to my room. Mondays. I really do hate them. My black jeans were hanging over my chair. That is not where I left them. They were on the floor last time I checked. Wandering over to them, something moved outside my room. My head turned to see Wesley making a dash downstairs. I grabbed my jeans in my hand and ran to my door. Damn, he’s gone. My eyes will not stay open! My mind was being a bitch today. Go back to your lovely warm bed and close your eyes. That is why! My phone vibrated on my desk. The sun looked so nice shining on the crystal water in the early hours. It was from some girl. Hey Keaton, want to meet up after school? Unconsciously I had pulled on my jeans. Oh come on! They were my favourite jeans! He can stoop so low. I thought I was the younger one!

“WESLEY!” My voice was filled with anger. His face appeared at the bottom of the stairwell. Wesley rested his head on the banister and sniggered. “Explain!” I demanded. He shook his head and wandered triumphantly back to the kitchen, I presume.

“MUM!” Maybe I should try her. She was holding a checked towel in her left hand and a porcelain bowl in her other.

“What?” She asked, seeming annoyed. Her gaze met mine. My hands gestured to my trousers. Her eyes travelled to them, her mouth parted as she struggled for words.

“Can’t you change?” She asked, biting on her lip. I shook my head.

“No. Wesley ruined my only clean pair.” My voice gave out more anger than intended. A chuckle ringed up the stairs. Seriously how would he like it if I destroyed his favourite snapback?

“Ok. Well I’m sorry but I’ve got to go to work and I haven’t put the washing on.” My mum shrugged and wandered back to what she was doing. My hands turned in to fists. Calm down Keat, remember you get to see that girl today!  Shut up! I don’t like her! OK?! Try and persuade yourself as much as you can but the feeling will never change.

“Hey mate. Urmm about the jeans.” Wesley’s voice piped up behind me, he seemed to be enjoying this. Normally I can tolerate his mischief. But my favourite jeans! Do you know how annoying it is? I flopped face down on me bed.

“Leave me alone Wes.” I mumbled. My speech was muffled by the bed. When I looked up he had gone. Thank you! After all the drama, I replied to the text from the unknown girl. Who was I to care who it was? Then I pulled on a grey tee and a brown leather type jacket. My hair was messy but after Wesley’s prank I hadn’t got time to sort it. Glancing at myself one last time in the mirror, I trotted down stairs in my newly ‘ripped’ jeans. Laid out on our old oak dining table was my breakfast, toast, as usual. Monday’s just don’t seem to like me. My toast was burnt and dry.

“Bye guys. You two behave! Drew is coming to babysit you this weekend.” My mum announced. I rolled my eyes at babysitting. Well, it was Drew so I didn’t mind.

“We can look after ourselves!” Wesley protested. On her way past me, mum kissed me on the top of my head, and then made her way to the door.

My teeth dug in to the bone dry toast. No, not eating this. Walking over to the sink with my plate, I threw the toast in the bin. My aim was normally great, however today the toast bounced off the shiny metal rim that ran around the bin and landed on the floor. What was wrong with me today? In my anger from the toast, I literally threw the plate in the sink, creating a dim metallic noise and a crash. Dammit! So basically, it was too early to get up, my brother had DESTROYED my favourite jeans, I had stubbed my toes, my toast was disgusting and I broke a plate. By the way things were going today; it wasn’t going to be a good one.