Chapter Thirty-Three- My Girl

Skyler’s POV

“Laraine I’m ok, really.” For about a minute she had been frantically tending to me. All I wanted to do was make myself a little more comfortable. Even though I appreciated all her care, it was a lot. Emblem 3 are doing pretty well on the X Factor; I have been watching them all the time. In fact I enjoyed watching them, they were really good.

The good bye was hard for me, it felt as if I was losing the only person who kept me whole. Ok, yes I cried a little. That isn’t who I am though; I’m not some defenceless emotional person. I am strong, I don’t open up to people; I like it like that. It’s who I have grown up as.

Laraine sat back in the squishy hospital chair, sighing. I knew that she wanted her sons’ home with her, even if she did see them every time they competed, and what was best for me. She had even let be borrow her laptop to keep me entertained.

Now I was out the ICU. The doctor, after a few more tests, X-rays and CAT scans, told me the internal bleeding had stopped, that everything was slowly but surely healing. It was a relief. Laraine had paid for me to be moved in to a private room, bless her. In some ways I wish that she was my mom; she is so awesome and caring!

I wish I had a family. A nice normal, attentive family that didn’t care who I was. But somehow I feel as if everyone will mock me and judge me for the rest of my life. From just one incident a whole chain of events will happen. A ripple effect. From throwing just one stone in water, multiple ripples are created.

“The laptop’s making a noise!” Laraine announced, handing it to me. Smiling a thank you, I opened it up seeing Keaton’s face pop on screen. A smile spread quickly across my face. Laraine stood, pointing to the door. Giving her a quick nod, I looked after her as she left. She wanted to leave us in peace.

‘How’s my girl?” Keaton asked sweetly, shuffling down on the sofa. Still I wasn’t used to it, being called his girl. The day he was supposed to leave, Keaton rushed in, grabbing my hand asking me to be his girlfriend. To say I was touched is an understatement; I was shocked but really wanted it to happen. Keaton, my first kiss and first boyfriend. And I wouldn’t want it to be anyone else.

With a smile still planted on my face, I replied with a small laugh. Each time Keaton Skyped me, I felt uplifted and happier that he was still there for me. “I am doing alright. Bored. Really bored I mean. Hope I can get out her soon y’know, even if I do have to go to an adoption home, I just want to leave. Definitely have to be in a wheelchair for a few weeks, but I’m sure I’ll adapt.”  I blurt smacking my head back on to the pillows. It was really plain and boring here. No excitement. Keaton laughed, seeing my boredom.

“Well don’t worry; I’m sure you’ll be allowed out soon. Really miss you by the way.” He gave me a huge smile, making my insides squirm. The rest of our conversation was interrupted by Wesley and Drew but I didn’t mind, I missed them too.

Soon, however, they all had to go and get ready for the show. In a few hours they’d be performing again. From the look in their eyes, I could tell that each performance to them felt like the first. Music meant so much to them. Literally everything. Now I was left alone, waiting for Laraine to return.

A knock on the door startled me. The person entered, giving me a quick nod. It was a police woman. Gulping, I forced another smile. She pulled a chair next to the bed, introducing herself as she did.

“I’m Officer Mason. I would like to ask you a few questions about Warren Holmes, your father.” As soon as I heard that word I shook my head violently, refusing to accept that he actually is. Monster.

“Firstly he is not my father; secondly I do not want to speak about it.” Mumbling the words, I looked away from her gaze. Hearing her sigh, I snapped my head back to her, not wanting to upset a police officer.  Somehow police have never really been in my life. When I was younger, I used to steal yeah. It was the only thing that kept me occupied whilst my mother was crying and my Warren was drinking.

“OK Ms Holmes. But we need to do this ok? And also, some removal people will be dropping a few of your belongings to go through. That will be over the few days. You can no longer stay at your house, so that is why your stuff will have to be sorted through. Sorry to be a hassle.

“This is new, and slightly disturbing for me.” My childhood home, no longer able to live in it. I’m only 16, not supposed to happen is it?

“So, tell me at what point did Warren start abusing you?”

~Hey, again it ffeels like i havent uploaded in yearrssss!!!!!!!!!!1 Sorry!!!!!! But i havent really got an excuse....

So hope you still like it! Comment and vote. I love fans input so if you want please tell me what i can do. Soon there will be some more discoveries and action.

Sorry if it's terrible... :(

Natty Out ;; ~