Chapter Ten- Warm And Fuzzy Is New

Skyler’s POV

A black pickup truck pulled up to the skate park. No one exited for a good five minutes. Wesley was talking to me but I wasn’t listening. After a while I zone out; don’t mean to it just happens.

“Do you want a birthday present or not Skyler?” Wesley finally realised I wasn’t listening and snapped his fingers in front of my face.

“What? No. Hmm?” I burbled uncontrollably. It received a laugh from Wesley.

“I said, do you want a birthday present?” I shook my head. Hadn’t had a present in three years, can’t be bothered to have one now. My dad wouldn’t accept it probably.

“Nope. Even though I don’t have a guitar. I know how to play it and everything. Just don’t have one.” Wesley seemed impressed and nodded his head. “Oh god. No I don’t want a present but thanks.” Wesley smiled again at me.

“Just thinking of you.” Playfully I punched his arm. My eye lids were starting to get heavy, my stomach and brain craved food. A loud grumble escaped from inside me. Wesley and I both sniggered at this. The door shot open from the truck and a figure jumped out. Keaton. My hand collided with my forehead and I sighed. Wesley hadn’t seemed to notice.

“Hey Wes, stay away from Skyler would you?” Keaton called at his brother. Wesley looked up from his feet and met the gaze of his brother. I got up and walked away. A person being protective over me isn’t my thing.

“Why? Look at her she’s lonely. Apparently you aren’t helping either.” Wesley replied. I deal with things on my own. Never had a sibling so I had to.

“Look I need to talk to her alone. So go to the beach and I’ll see you there.” Keaton demanded. I didn’t hear any more from Wesley. The car sped away down the tarmac. Rain started to fall around me. My board needed fixing. Next time I go in to the mall, it will be fixed. Footsteps approached me from behind.  

“Hey Skyler.” Don’t feel like talking now. People started to leave, leaving Keaton and I alone. “Skyler I’m sorry if you have a problem with me. Can you just tell me what it is?”

“I don’t have a problem with you.” I replied in just a whisper, turning around to face him.

“Then why do you act like this to me?” I sighed. Not really knowing the answer myself. Digging deep in my mind I replied.

“I can’t trust you as a person. You are like this two faced person who doesn’t know who they actually are.” It all just flowed out. I don’t know if I hurt Keaton.  “You didn’t have to have a go at Wesley like that. He was being a nice guy and talking to me about me” This was weird for me. I had never had an argument with someone other than my father.

 “I’m sorry. I flipped and my brother is a ladies man.” A small laugh came from inside me. It wasn’t because I didn’t believe him, I don’t know what it was but I was warm and fuzzy inside.

“Ok. But your brother seems to know who he really is!” It was true; a ladies man. But Keaton was still figuring it out. Pushing past him, I smiled. Keaton turned around annoyed and came after me. My mind clouded, my hands started to get clammy. My head started to spin. Next thing I knew was darkness; the warmth of the tarmac seeping through my clothes.

“Skyler!” Keaton’s voice was filled with worry. Nothing else was heard or felt after that.

~I got my first comment today. Yay. Then i saw that peopl were voting aswell. This made me happy. Keep doing that please?!~