Chapter Fifteen- Just Sorta Happened

Skyler’s POV

After walking myself to the infirmary, I was just given some tissues to try and stop blood getting everywhere. You can’t really do anything about nose bleeds can ya?

“I rang the principal. You are allowed to go home. Would you like a parent to pick you up?” The nurse asked. I just shook my head, knowing that Warren wouldn’t bother to collect me anyway. The nurse, Mrs Devon nodded and carried on filling in pieces of paper. Swinging my legs up on to the row of seats, I closed my eyes. My head hurt as well for no reason. Probably just a migraine. A few minutes later there was a knock at the door. Placing one leg on the floor, so I was partly sitting, I made myself comfortable. Still with my eyes closed. I felt the nurse rush to the door, which was next to me.

Hated being in here, it is like a holding cell. Literally, you wait until you are freed. The nurse’s heels clanked on the floor as she helped someone who sounded like they were shuffling. I’m not joking but my nose had lost a lot of blood. I think I’m gonna die! Ok, maybe not.

“Hey see ya later mate.” The ever familiar voice of Bradley Kenner called from the door. Could be any one of his lil’ gang.

“Could you tell me your name?” The nurse’s soft voice asked the other person who was in the room. Surprised curiosity hasn’t taken over and I have looked at the person yet. But still my head hurt and I was losing a lot of blood. Just from me snoz.

“Keaton Stromberg.” I moaned. Is there something that just doesn’t want him to leave me alone? Frankly it’s annoying. I turned my face to look at him. All he did was stare back.

“Do you want me to call home or what?” The nurse asked, breaking up our staring contest unintentionally.  Keaton looked at me, still, and smiled.

“I think if Skyler here is going home she can take me.” Keaton played a mischievous smile on his lips that, I’m sad to say it, made my heart melt. My muscles relaxed from just one smile. What was happening to me? I’m not the lovey type, at all! Keaton let out a smirk obviously seeing my change in mood.

“Will you be okay doing that Skyler?” The nurse asked me, not away from Keaton’s head. “He hit his head pretty hard.” Her voice soft. Mrs Devon was young, mid-twenties I’d say, her brown hair wrapped in a bun on the top of her head, subtle make-up was applied around her eyes and on her cheeks. Unlike every nurse you see in TV programs, Mrs Devon wore skinnies most days and a tee-shirt/shirt and blazers. She was a nice woman, caring; well I suppose you have to be if you want to be a school nurse. I nodded to answer her question. I didn’t have any control over it, it just happened.  Keaton let out another of his smiles in triumph.

“You should be fine Keaton, just rest for the day.” The nurse patted Keaton’s arm and he flipped his legs round off the bed. Placing my both feet on the ground I stood up and threw my bloody tissues in the small bin by the door.

“Bye miss!” I called on my way out the door, Keaton following behind. A mumbled reply came from inside the room. Keaton walked by me, occasionally glancing at me. A smile played at the corners of my lips. No idea why.

We walked to the front desk and handed in some paper the nurse gave us. The receptionist smiled at us as we left. She was blonde and couldn’t care less about her job. She cared more about her nails and the latest gossip. They sicken me… Peasants!

“So Skyler why’d you agree to take me home?” Keaton spoke up after we had walked out the front gates. I shrugged, looking down feeling my cheeks heat slightly. What was this boy turning me into?

“Well…” I started off, trying to think of an excuse. In the end I just shrugged, stuck my hands in my pockets becoming very interested in the sidewalk.

“Well what?” Keaton asked, seeming to change from the cockey dude I normally see him as. It was one of those moments you could get distracted, I could all of a sudden come out and say ‘Ooo butterfly’ and chase after it even if it were non-existent. But hey, there wouldn’t be any tension between me and that butterfly. Butterflies are awesome, they just fly. Mainly away from me but hey. When I returned from my fantasy land, should really name it, I found that I had stopped walking completely.  

Keaton was standing in front of me, smiling. Probably because I had zoned out completely. He looked so adorable. I felt the need for a hug come on. No! Resist! Can’t stop myself! The battles that I face.

All of a sudden my arms were around his neck, my face buried in the crook of his neck. Keaton seemed a bit taken back by my action, so was I, and took a while to put his arms around my waist. Realising what I was doing, I pulled away and fiddled with the sleeves of my jacket. I had to admit he did smell nice.

~Tell me whatcha think down below? Is Skyler finally finding her soft sode? Who knows? Please keep voting please?!? Love y'all, until next time. Nattyx~