Chapter Thirty- Stable

Wesley’s POV

As I waited for mom to get my food, I just sat there, thinking. Every one of us really wants Skyler to make it. Our minds haven’t really thought too deep about if she doesn’t. We didn’t tell Keaton all the damage but I presume he would have found out some way. So what if she doesn’t come out of the coma? Will we have to take her off the life support? It’s basically killing someone. All of us together will not be able to even make the decision. 

Mom walked back with the canteen food. It’s never very good but it’s eatable. She keeps smiling at me and Keats. I think it’s her way of saying she is hurting as well. She doesn’t like seeing her children upset like this. Skyler is practically part of our family now, even if she has been with us for a few days. But that doesn’t matter; we all felt a connection with her. We all love her.

“You alright?” Mom asks, prodding at her porridge. It didn’t look very appetising. Porridge never does but this is just rank. I nod, not even touching the food. Right now I want to be Keaton and Drew sitting with them. It hurts for me as well to see them both like this.

“I am as good as I’m gonna get in this situation.” I mumble trying some of the food. My stomach turned and I didn’t feel like anymore. Pushing it away, I let out a sigh. Mom still ate away at her porridge, obviously hungry.

“You not gonna have anything?” She asks after finishing hers. I shake my head and lean back in my chair, crossing my arms. It wasn’t too busy in here, just a couple of families and nurses. Hospitals have that feeling of illness and death. It sends shivers down my spine. The ICU especially. “Wesley, come on, look on the bright side, she should be ok. And you guys are going to be back on the X Factor soon living the dream.” Mom attempted to comfort me. I shook my head. We won’t be living the dream if she isn’t ok. Guess we’ll have to play the waiting game again.

“But what if she gets worse whilst we are away? All three of us will regret ever leaving. Keaton especially. She’ll always be on our minds whether she does improve by the time we leave. Keaton isn’t prepared for the worst at all, he has too much of an attachment to this girl. She is probably the best thing that has happened to him.” I blurt out to Mom. She looks down at the table, considering what to say.

“Whilst you’re away, I’ll be here with her making sure she is ok. If she changes whether good or bad, I will keep you updated. Trust me, she will recover!” Mom says sternly to me. I look at her, knowing she is probably right. I should just look on the bright side. She will get better. She will. She has to.

Keaton was resting his head on the bed beside her when we both entered. He didn’t bother to look up. I hate seeing him like this.  Mom sat next to Drew, me next to Keats. I patted his back, looking over to Skyler’s pale, swollen face. Her father is the worst man I have ever heard of. How can you do this to an innocent girl? She is only sixteen for Christ sakes.  Her whole life ahead of her is now filled with her not being able to trust anyone and most likely not being able to leave the house. She could be that mentally scarred she can’t do anything normally again.

“What do you think will happen to her when she gets out? She hasn’t got a home anymore.” Keaton mumbled, holding her hand, still leaning on the bed. Mom opened her mouth to speak, not too sure what to say.

“She’ll probably be put up for adoption. Unless she has a mother somewhere?” Mom replied in the end. Keaton shook his head.

“She said something about her mother committing suicide when she was 13. Adoption… She’ll get bullied even more now…” Keaton sighed, resting his chin so he was looking at Skyler’s face.

“She is unlucky.” Drew mumbled in to his chest. “But she is lucky to have us.” He looked up and smiled slightly. He was right. She was lucky to have us. We cared for her and want the best for her. Let’s just hope she goes to a nice caring family who accepts her past and helps her overcome it. Obviously we’ll help her but she needs a stable family.

~Firstly.... GUYS I HIT 1000 VOTES!!!!!!!!!!! I'M S HAPPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! US AGFYIASFG OAHTF OHMIFINGGOD! YAYA. And it's mainly thanks to you guys! This is my most popualr story that people vote on! I'm really happy that you are liking it!

But yeheh thought i'd throw in another POV to shake things up. Still need inspiration though. Got ideas for later chapters already though. It's gonnna be a long story so plese keep reading.

Todays dedication is to SASA because she is awesome and one of my favourite fans! And i am happy today because i hit 1000 overall! :) Join me while i dance and scream...

any way Vote more!!!!! And comment! I love readingyour comments. Do a review if you want. It makes me all warm inside!

Fan

Natty Out ;; ~