Chapter Twenty-Five- I Can't Do This Anymore

~This was supposed to be uploaded last night, but it took longer than expected. Sorry if it uspetting to some people, hopefully not but sorry anyway. ANd keep commenting and voting! Natty out ;; ~

Skyler’s POV

“Bye! I’ll pick you up tomorrow at 9 then?” Keaton called after me as I made my way up the path to my front door. I waved him off, before entering. As soon as I did, my heart beat crept higher and higher, my smile fading. Warren stood there, arm’s crossed, face darkened by the shadow he was standing in. For once, I wish, that one day, I can come home and find Warren gone forever. The sun disappeared behind a cloud, not wanting to be a witness of the up-coming events. Warren slowly made his way across our vanished floor boards, each creaking under his bulk. His muscles flexed, preparing. My breathing quickened, my heart pounding against my chest, wanting to break free. By now I thought I’d be used to this. But I’m not; I’m just as weak as ever. With every step Warren took, I also took one back. The cold wall pressed against my back, stopping me from going anywhere. The smile tugged at the corner of Warren’s lips. It was that smile that allowed me to see who he really was, the monster he really was. It was unbelievable that no one else saw it. Time and time again, people told me not to call my ‘father’ a monster or the devil. They just didn’t understand. So far only one person does, Keaton.

In a swift movement, Warren’s firm hand gripped my throat, pushing my cheek in to the wall. As I tried to breathe, I could tell this was going to be the worst. Every time I say that; this time I could just tell. Retaliating, I punched Warren in his ribs. Not even a flinch. This man was almost unbeatable. Trying to put up a fight only restricted the amount of air I was taking in even more. Tears already rolled down my cheeks, as free as I would like to be. I didn’t want to look him in the eye, I couldn’t bring myself too.

“Where have you been?” His breath was soft on my cheek; his words as sharp as knives. The other free hand was pinning both my arms above my head. With all my might, I tried to pull them out of his grasp; it didn’t work. “It’s been about two days since I last saw you. And who was that boy? Why were you with him? You know I don’t like you interacting with other people. Knowing you, you would tell someone about our little relationship going on.” His hand moved to under my chin. I whimpered from the contact. The grip tightened as he slammed my head against the wall. Another whine and the grip tightened.  “You are weak and worthless. You shouldn’t be here, Alice should be!” Warren never called Alice mother to me. It was weird. Each sentence, my head was slammed against the wall harder and harder. By now I think blood was running down my face; I couldn’t tell through all the tears. “You do not deserve to even breathe!” With those words the grip tightened even more around my throat. The breaths I tried to take became wheezy and useless.

“Please…” My attempt at speaking was stupid. Warren’s knee jammed in to my ribs once. It felt as if I had been hit by a car. The pain kept spreading and worsening. “I don’t want to be here…” Why, why do I have to speak? Can’t I just shut up? Do I have to make this worse for myself? Both Warren’s hands travelled to my waist. I gasped, needing pure air again. With ease I was lifted off the floor and thrown across the hall, sliding along our floorboards, until, once again, I hit a wall. My back jerked in pain. My mouth parted as I tried to scream out in agony; nothing came. I hated how strong Warren was, it was almost supernatural.

“Well that’s good isn’t it then? I don’t want you here either!” Warren knelt down next to my limp body. His hand stroked my cheek, making me flinch. “Don’t be scared baby.” Just the way he whispered to me, sent shivers racing down my spine.  “There’s no need for you to be.” The words were said like a psycho; laced with craziness. Slowly, Warren rose, looming over me, the smile returning. Warren had his steel toe shoes on; the pain they inflict is unimaginable. Bracing myself, I closed my eyes, knowing what he was going to do next. The impact was over and done with, but the pain lingered in my stomach. His shoes were always the worst. Pretty sure something will be damaged eventually.

“How about, I just end my own life, rather than you ending mine and going to prison?” I mumbled in to my chest as I curled into a little ball. Warren spun round on his heels and laughed. A mocking laugh, the one that ran through my mind no stop, the one that stopped me from sleeping every night. It was the one I dreaded to ever hear. Turning back to me, Warren thrust his foot in to my chest this time. I clutched it in agony, struggling to breathe again. Coughing was making it worse.

“Don’t worry about me.” Warren whispered in to my ear, kissing my neck as he stood again. His strong arms wrapped themselves around my body, cradling my lifeless structure. My head was hanging down, everything the wrong way up. Every now and then, my eyes would flutter close. I felt so helpless and weak and stupid. Warren placed me carefully on our leather sofa, closing the curtains afterwards. I managed to bring my hands to the places I had been beaten. Blood from both of them. My head was spinning, everything seemed to be in HD. Blood had been trailed from the hall to here. When I looked up again, Warren was standing there, a small knife clasped in his hand. This hasn’t happened before. He always used his body to hurt me, never another instrument.

“Warren, I am so sorry…” Why?... Something collided with my jaw, sending it most likely out of its socket. As I looked up, I found it was Warren’s hand, his wedding ring scrapping my face. My eyes closed for a second; when I opened them, Warren was kneeling down on the carpet in front of me. I was on my side, arms dangling over the edge of our couch. Warrens carefully supported one, stroking it.

“I know you are, but it still doesn’t change anything.” His voice was soft, a caring tone. The irony of it. Warren’s soft lips pressed against my wrist. I was almost out of it by now, not able to fight back. A cold sharp object rested against my skin. Warren eyed up the vein that was throbbing down my arm. Slowly he pressed the knife down, blood seeping out from the edges, trickling to the floor. The deeper he pressed, the less I felt. Everything was turning dim and fuzzy. The knife exited my arm, leaving red liquid pouring like a river from it. Warren licked wound, tounge darting inside. It stung, making me wince. All of a sudden his calm mood changed and he grabbed both arms dragging me to the floor. My arm throbbed in his grip. Dropping my arms violently to the floor, Warren began to kick me, my legs first, moving on to my stomach. From down here, when he stepped on my stomach, he looked like he was doing a Mitch Lucker stomp. This man will never be worthy of doing such a thing. Now I screamed, never have I heard such a noise come out from anyone. I sounded like a banshee. I felt a rib dislodge itself inside of me.  Warren put his knees either side of my waist, looking down at my crying face. My shoulders were pinned to the floor. Warren knew by now that I couldn’t put up a fight even if I tried. My eyes darted everywhere before landing on Warrens. The smile and his punches began. My face was definitely broken in many places now. It was difficult to breathe. It was difficult to do anything. All I could do was look around and see blood.

Suddenly it all stopped. I knew this wasn’t the end; he just needed a break. It’s happened before. He makes me believe he’s finished then runs after me, scaring the hell out of me. As Warren faced the wall, his back to me, hands on hips, I slid my phone my pocket. Only having a few seconds, and my life draining, I messaged Keaton. Everything was slow; as much as I tried to type quickly; I could only manage two words, ‘call 911’. My eyes fluttered close, my head banging, everywhere in agony and my breaths short and few. Right now I need a saviour.