21

A/N THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 17.2K READS! THIS IS TOTALLY WHACK! I love you all so much! I hope you've had a great week! I have school tomorrow again, so I won't be able to update for a few days. I hope you enjoy this chapter! 🦀 🦀 🦀

y/n POV

I sat in the front seat as Cherry drove us to the route. He told us that he already had the construction fences to keep people and cars away from the path. As we were riding in the car, I opened up the tiktok that we made a few minutes earlier before Cherry made his appearance. I chuckled at how shitty Reki's filming was. I filmed myself with my hand covering my mouth to show how shook I was at his terrible filming. I flipped the camera and filmed Cherry. I started slapping him and distracting him from driving. 

"y/n stop it! We're going to crash!" Cherry yelled. He then let go of the steering wheel and pointed at me like a parents scolding a child. 

"CHERRY THE STEERING WHEEL" I shrieked. Langa and Reki in the back also started screaming because no one was steering. 

"Relax. Carla will take over if I let go" Cherry laughed "your reactions were priceless"

"I thought we were going to die" I mumbled. We finally got to the route and got out of the car. I filmed myself stumbling out. Langa and Reki also wobbled out of the car, still traumatised. I filmed Reki, but just as the camera pointed at him, he tripped on a pebble and fell. I burst out laughing at how the mighty Kyan Reki was taken down my a mere pebble. 

"Fuck off" I heard him yell from a distance, causing me to cackle. I finally put my phone away and got my skateboard out of the trunk. 

"So I was thinking that this could be the beginning, because it isn't too far from school" Cherry suggested. I nodded agreeing to his proposal. 

"Ok, lets skate the route" Reki shouted getting his energy back. I chased after Reki as he skated down the route without waiting for us. Langa and Cherry followed after us. Cherry scolded how he had to lock the door, but then did it through his bracelet. I rolled my eyes at the rich prick. After a little bit of cruising around, we decided that 2km was enough. It was also at the bottom of the hill, so it was a good checkpoint. 

"So how are the competitors supposed to get back up?" I asked curiously. 

"They can walk" Reki shrugged. 

"No, they'll be exhausted" I shot back. 

"I'll lend a small van. Joe can pick them up" Cherry said shrugging. 

"Joe? We haven't even asked him about this" I said. 

"I know. Just tell him that he has to do it. He will then feel obliged to do it" Cherry said waving me off. I nodded and called his phone. After 6 calls, he picked up. 

"What is it y/n? I'm in the middle of my shift" Joe grumbled. 

"How did you know it was me?" I asked confused. 

"your ringtone. Duh" He laughed

"You set a special ringtone for me? What is it?" I asked curiously. 

"The Caillou theme song" Joe said, giggling

"Oh for fucks sake" I grumbled. 

"Anyways, what did you want?" he asked bringing us back on topic. 

"since you made my ringtone that monstrosity, you have to drive me the 3 of us and 12 other contestants back up to the school campus, using the van Cherry will lend us" I said. 

"What? Why do I have to?" Joe whined like a child. 

"Because it has to be you" I said and hung up. I looked at the 3 and gave them a thumbs up. Reki grinned and punched me in my arm.