Chapter 12

Lisa become more quiet lately. She no longer cared about wanting to talk to Jisoo about Jennie anymore. She also didn't respond or ignored to Rose's request to spend the recess time together. Lisa prefers to be quiet in class.

And such as now. She sat on her chair, staring blankly at the outside of her classroom through the window next to her seat. She's always daydreaming. Remember all what Jennie said that night. Every words of Jennie's felt like it pierced her heart. Remembering how badly she treated Jennie. She realized she had hurt Jennie. She even didn’t have courage to look into Jennie’s eyes for the last.

“Lisa, have I ever harm you? Hurting you? Do something bad to you even though I’m a ghost?”

“No,” She kept repeating and answering Jennie’s question which stuck in her mind.

Even after school, she still stuck in her reverie, ignoring anything else on the road. She walked slowly towards her house. Her eyes stared blankly at the ground. She seemed to be in her own world now, not caring that all of her uniforms were drenched in heavy rain. She was thinking about Jennie. They had never met after that night.

She didn't know what she was feeling right now. It's indescribable. Strange, she felt emptiness holding her. She felts guilty, stupid, coward. Jennie was so kind to her. She never hurt her, she never harm her. Instead everything what Jennie had ever done to her were all wonderful memories.

Rain become heavy and heavier as if God deliberately poured in her as her punishment to wash away her shallow mind. Thunders' roar shattered the cloudy sky as if it cursed her because of her stupidity.

The wind blew and caused the small trees dancing swiftly as if they wanted to claw Lisa with their branches.

Finally Lisa arrived at her home, she entered her house with her completely wet body which made her mother shocked.

"What happened to you, Lisa?! How can you so wet?"

"Obviously rain out there cause me this." She replied nonchalantly without even staring at her mother.

She went straight to her room. Droplets from her clothes were everywhere, but she doesn't even care about it.

"Don't you bring your umbrella?"

"No." Lisa answered curtly, left her mother with her astonishment and disbelief.
.
.
.
.
.

Lisa opened her balcony door. She stood there, looking at Jennie's room. The balcony door is open, but looks so quiet, empty, no one's there. She blinked and looked intently to Jennie's room through rain, but still, only darkness and water pouring down stick to the ground.

Lisa let herself get wet under the rain. Her hands gripped the railing tightly. Here, on this balcony, that night she heard Jennie's soft voice singing. That was the first time they met, and got acquainted.

Inside Lisa’s heart, Jennie’s face is engraved. Jennie and her beautiful look, her smile and her fresh flowery fragrance went harmoniously with the serene night, indescribably perfect beauty. Jennie, who thrilled her soul, paralyzed her heart. Nevertheless, she couldn’t meet her now. Not anymore. And Lisa really misses Jennie right now.

"Where are you now, Nini? I miss you." Lisa mumbled. Her eyes started to ache because the tears didn't stop flowing. Her body even started to shiver, but she didn't care about that. She just wanted to remain standing on her balcony, hoping that Jennie would emerge from her room. Stared back at her, with her gummy smile plastered on her cherry lips.

She then remembered Jennie’s last words before she left her.

“Okay, I won’t bother you again, Lisa. I’m never gonna meet you again. You won’t see me again, so you don’t have to be afraid anymore now. You can live your days normally again, Lisa.”