Chapter 39

Mr. Lee was staring at Rosé sitting across him at his workbench. He placed his hands on the table, interwined them. Rosé was young, very beautiful and gorgeous. He can see that she has a clear soft skin. But her grandparents were such an important person. So was her father and uncle, they were lawyers. This girl was untouchable. That was what Mr. Lee thinking as he waiting for Rosé to answer his question about what made Rosé came to his office.

"I'd like to talk about my idea for the science competition project, sir."

"Oh, why don't you talk about this at the club with your other friends?"

"I- ahmm-" Rosé again stuttered. "I was feeling doubt to convey my idea to them."

"Rosé, you're one of the member of the science club. It's the club where the smartest students belong. And you were elected as the president of the club. So, you shouldn't being insecure about yourself. About your ability and talent. I think you should spill your idea to your friends at the club." Mr. Lee suggested. His lips curved into a smile as he stared straight the girl ahead of him.

It was only not more than 10 minutes she sat there, but it felt like hours. Jisoo didn't come yet. Her hands were shaking. Now that her stomach gurgled. She was so hungry, she remembered that she had not eaten her breakfast this morning. Her thought about her today task was enough to her to lost her appetite.

Rosé was hoping that Jisoo would come sooner, so that she didn't have to answer Mr. Lee's questions.

"Well, sir- I-"

"You're an ambitious and optimistic person, Rosé. I know you are very serious about being the best in academics. And proved that you are consistent being the top student. But why do you seem pessimistic now?" Mr. Lee asked while adjusting his seat. Leaning forward, looking at Rosé intently trying to read her through the eyes.

"Do you have any personal problems now? If yes, you know we have Miss. Jung who will always be ready to help you."

Rosé's heart started to throb so fast again. Cursing Jisoo why didn't that annoying girl come yet. "No, sir- I'm good. I am just-" The moment Rosé wanted to reply Mr. Lee's question, someone was knocking the door. Rosé could not help but delaying her answer. Somehow, she was feeling so relieved. A hidden sigh of relief slipped out of her parted slightly lips.

Mr. Lee left his seat and walked towards the door. Rosé wished it were Jisoo. And when Mr. Lee opened the door, she was feeling completely glad that it was Jisoo who finally came when Mr. Lee calling out the name.

"Jisoo?"

"Good day, Mr. Lee. Can I have your time for seconds? I would like to have some words with you."

Mr. Lee opened the door widely, showing Rosé was inside his office.

"Well, you can come in."

Pretending to be surprised with Rosé existence in his office, Jisoo gave a rationally reason. "Ahm- honestly, Mr. Lee. It's- personal business. I want your time with me only."

"I'm sorry, Jisoo. But as you can see, Rosé came first. Can we talk later?"

"I'm very sorry, Mr. Lee. But- I'm afraid I can't wait too long." Jisoo showed a light brown envelope behind her jacket. "Dad wants me to give it to you." She paused. "Immediately." Jisoo lowering her voice.

"Oh-"

"A small gift from him. And- he also gave a box of wines for you too. He said those are your favourite ones. So, can we grab them from my car and transfer to yours?"