Chapter 41

"What do you mean she can't find the voice recorder?" The blond looked at Lisa, startled.

"Have you check carefully, Nini?" Lisa asked.

"Yes- I did. I know exactly where Rosé set it. Under Mr. Lee's desk. I was there."

"Jennie said she already checked it under Mr. Lee's desk, Rosé."

"You sure, Jen?" Jisoo reconfirmed.

"She knew the place where Rosé set it. She was there that time." Lisa retorted. She made her voice stronger so just to be clear.

"Oh-"

"Then where is that damn thing?" Rosé shook her head incredulously. A wave of confusion washed over her. "It's- How unbelievable."

"Get in. Lets get into the car. We talk somewhere else. Not here for sure." Jisoo opened the door and urged Rosé to get inside. Lisa followed behind, climbing on the back seats.

A gentle hum of the engine whispered smoothly as Jisoo's car pulled out of the side of the road, drove away from the school.

It didn't take too long for the girls arrived at their destination, which was Jisoo's cafe.

"How can this happened?" Rosé mumbled. Her stare was blank, fix on nothing.

"Do you think someone took it?" Jennie questioned calmly despite she was feeling both curious and worry.

"Jennie think perhaps someone took it." Lisa said.

"That's impossible, no one knows." Jisoo said with her serious manner.

"Or maybe it dropped on the floor and someone found it?" Jennie gasped. "Oh no." She brought her hands covering her mouth. "That would be a mess." She mumbled quietly. She could feel her own frustration bubbling under her skin.

"Did the adhesive stick properly? I'm afraid Jennie was right, high probability it dropped on the floor accidentally and someone found it and kept it."

Rosé squeaked in panic. "Oh no-". The look of absolute terror was on her face.

"Even if that happened, then who took it?" Jisoo paused. Her eyes bounced from Lisa to Rosé. "The janitors?"

"Practically only them who have free access get into Mr. Lee's office even without him inside." Lisa said.
"Lets not hope Mr. Lee himself who found it. Then we're dead." This time, desperation was clear in her voice.

"Then what should we do now?" Rosé sliding her hands through her hair and squeezed her head
"Oh, God- it's- what a complex teoubleeee." She groaned.

"I'm going to find out who is the person." Jisoo inhaled deeply once she saw Rosé's frustration.
"Tomorrow after school, I will ask one of the janitors."

"You will do that?" Rosé stared at Jisoo with her anxious face as a new found fear growing.

"Yes, of course. We cannot have a clean mind if we don't solve this problem and get the answer. I mean, just be honest to ourselves. We won't be able to sleep peacefully. Not before we solve it. Not before we get the voice recorder back."

All girls all girls nodded solemnly.

"It's okay." Jisoo reached out her hand placing it on Rosé's, slightly rub it. Her touch was reassuring. "Don't freak out." She smiled warmly at her.