Chapter 14

"What?!" Lisa asked. Her voice croaked in scream. Jennie's confession whip-crack in her ears, like a thunder announcement. She was shocked, she lost her ability to think.

"Sorry, Nini, but- but- what to say?"

"You don't need to say anything, Lisa."

"You're joking, right?"

"Nope. I'm telling you the truth. I didn't kill myself. I didn't jump off the rooftop. Why did I kill myself? My life is fine. And I can't possibly have the heart to leave my parents, especially my mother. I really love them, with all my heart. "

"Who possibly did that?"

"I don't know."

"You don't know who killed you?"

Jennie shook her head slowly, "I just remember someone was wearing clothes like a robe, or maybe some kind of raincoat kept following me. I ran and that person ran after me."

"Is it a he or she, Nini?"

"I don't know Lisa, I can't see the face. The person was wearing a mask and covering the face with the head cover of the robe."

"I don't believe in all of this. And who could it be? And why did this person want to kill you?" Lisa's mind races to think of the answers to all the questions in her.

"I can't find any answer as well about it, Lisa."

The silence returns. Lisa's eyes blinked once from under her thick black lashes.

"What are you thinking?" Jennie asked.

"Everything had happened to you, Nini." Lisa was just staring straight ahead while frowning her temple.

"Why are you look so serious? No need to think about it. It happened. And here I am now, like this. I can accept it now, Lisa." A smile appeared briefly at the corner of Jennie's lips.

"What kind of monster might did that? That monster wanted you to die. I would end that person's life if I found out who." Lisa gritted her teeth. "We have to find out who your murderer is. We can't just let that monster roam around. He or she or whoever it is could have done the same thing ever did to you to someone else."

"But I have no clue, Lisa."

"We will look for the clues, Nini. As long as you still remember clearly about the incident that day, when that filthy animal killed you."

"I can still remember, just maybe not very clear."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know, I feel like I've lost some of my memory."

"Ohh." Said Lisa, looking at Jennie from under her clueless mind. "Then I'll help you try to recall a few. Only the most important, Nini."

"What's the point, Lisa? Finding the culprit won't bring me back to life. "

"Nini, remember when you said that we met for reason? Why am I the only one who can see you? Feeling your presence? Maybe this is the reason, I have to help you find out who your killer is."

"Again, what for?"

"So that you can go home."

"Home?"

"Yes, the place where you should be."

"You don't want me here?"

"No, Nini. That's not what I mean. Even though I want you to be with me, but I know, you shouldn't be here anymore. And I'm sure you'll be happier in your another world."