Chapter 45

A week had passed, Rosé condition was getting better. She didn't need a wheelchair to go to any places she wanted. Jisoo was always with her. She assisted Rosé from picking her up to go to school and was responsible to take her home safely.

While on contrary, Jennie's condition was getting weaker. She now chose to stay at her house or just spending her time with her girlfriend at Lisa's room.

"Come on." Jisoo looped her hand around Rosé's shoulders. Assisted her to step on the stairs to Lisa's room.

"I can do it by myself, Chu." Rosé refused. Her eyes lifted at Jisoo. At one point, she tried to be independent.

"Yes, but not now. Not for the mean time." Jisoo holding Rosé's arm. "Remember what grandma said?" She added.

"Jisoo is right, Rosé. Let her help you." Mrs. Manoban said calmly, sent them a small smile.

Rosé pouted when she read the determined expression on Jisoo's face. Gripping on the stair holder and Jisoo's hand, she slowly swung her feet step by step reaching Lisa's room.

"Hi-" Rosé greeted when Lisa opened the door.

"Is Jennie here?" Jisoo asked casually after she settled Rosé down on Lisa's bed.

"Yes- She's here." Lisa tapped an empty seat besides her upon the rug.

"Are you okay, Jen?" Rosé asked. She flashed a worry face waiting for an answer. "Lisa told us that you're unwell."

"Not like usual, but I think I can handle it." Jennie smiled slightly. Hooking her hand around Lisa's arm and resting her head there.

"She's not feeling like usual. But- she's handling it." Lisa replied. She looked at the girl who was clinging on her, only to feel her heart ache.

"What can we do, Jen?" Jisoo asked as she moved to sit next to Rosé.

"It's alright, Chu. Maybe this is my time."

"I won't say that to them." Lisa shook her head. Her mood plummeted.

"You know, and they also know that finally my time will come, Lisa."

"Yes- but no." Lisa denied. She shook her head at the thought of losing her girlfriend.

"It's already began."

"No-" Lisa shook her head with denial.

"What is it?" Rosé asked with her brows raised. Jisoo gave the same look as Rosé.

"Nothing." Lisa looked away, tried to control the emotions racing on her. She hadn't found the courage yet to face the reality spending her days without Jennie.

"Jennie, you will leave us?" Jisoo asked. She was clearly able to see the hurt, sadness in Lisa's eyes.

No one need an answer of Jisoo's question as it was more like a statement. Silence embracing them for a solid minutes, until Rosé decided to change the topic.

"Good news from my uncle." She forced a smile and blinking a single tear in her eyes. Trying to defused the sorrow atmosphere among them. "Jennie's case ropened. They will reinvestigate it as now they have a valid evidence. Miss. Jung herself admitted her crime. Don't you think it's great?"

"Yeah- nothing greater than that." Jisoo retorted.

"I'm so happy. Really really happy that finally I solve, I mean we solved the mystery of my death. Without you, I will still become a lost soul."