Chapter 1: First Day

Ashley was nervous for her first day of fifth grade, she had just moved to Ferrisville, and had never met any of the kids here. Her mom is about to drop her off at the entrance when she looks at her and says "Mom, I'm scared."

"Don't be sweetie, you're gonna be fine. Now I want you to go into that school and make as many friends as you can, okay?" asks her mom.

"Okay..." She hops out of the car with her backpack on her back. She looks back at her mom with concern, but her mom signals her to go in, so she starts walking towards the school, and her mom drives away.

She approaches the school, and stops. She looks at herself in the window's reflection. She strokes a piece of blonde hair behind her ear, as her hazel eyes stare back at her. She nervously looks down at the green t-shirt she's wearing. She zips up her black jacket and puts her hands in her blue jeans pockets. She kicks a rock with her black slouch boots, and adjusts her black beanie as she enters the school. She is greeted by an old woman, her white hair reflects in the light above her head, and she stares at Ashley with her green eyes. Ashley looks at her black dress and thinks it's real pretty, and she thinks it matches perfectly with her red heels. "Hi, what's your name?" asks the woman.

"Ashley," she replies.

"Oh, you're one of the new ones, aren't you? Well I'm your principal Miss Scald, it's nice to meet you Ashley." She shakes her hand. "What's the name of your teacher sweetheart, and I'll take you to them."

"Ms. Rivers."

"Okay, well if you'll just follow me I'll take you to her room." Miss Scald holds out her hand and Ashley takes it, they walk to a classroom, where Miss Scald opens the door. They enter the room and it's covered in all sorts of educational posters. Miss Scald signals a young woman to come over to her. She walks over to them in her black high heel boots. Ashley likes her black hair, black was her favorite color after all, so it made her feel a little better about meeting her. The woman stares at the both of them with her blue eyes. Miss Scald says, "Ms. Rivers I've got another one for ya." Ms. Rivers puts her arm on Ashley's shoulder, Ashley looks at her green sweater she's wearing.

"Really? And who might you be?" Ms. Rivers asks.

"A-Ashley," she says in a terrified tone.

"Don't be nervous sweetie, everything's gonna be fine. Thank you, Miss Scald."

"Of course, have a good class." Miss Scald walks out of the room. 

"Okay sweetie, let me see here." She walks over to her desk, and her phone buzzes. She takes it out of her black pants pocket and looks at it. She shrugs and puts the phone back in her pocket. She looks at a paper on her desk. "Ah, yes you're sitting next to Jeff." She points at a sinister looking kid. Ashley thought it was weird that he had his hood up on his white hoodie, and that he was wearing black dress pants. 

"Who wears black dress pants to school?" she thought. 

"He's been here for quite a while, so he can show you around." Ashley walks over to the desk and sits next to Jeff, she looks at him and he has his head turned away. She looks down and notices his black canvas shoes, 

"I like your shoes..." says Ashley. Jeff ignores her, and Ms. Rivers walks up to the front of the class. 

"Hello, everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful summer vacation, I'm Ms. Rivers. I'll be your teacher this year, so let's get to know each other, let's start with Troy." She points at a rubenesque looking kid. Troy sits up and Ashley notices the food stains on his red t-shirt. He stares at the class with his brown eyes and puts his hands in his blue jeans pockets.

 "My name's Troy, and I like food, and video games."

"Oh, how interesting, what's your favorite food?" asks Ms. Rivers.