Chapter 24: The Witch of La Luz

In the morning Ashley is getting ready to board the helicopter to Mexico when Timothy gives her a call. "What?" asks Ashley.

"Ms. Smith, could you come down to the lab, I have some new equipment for your arm."

"On my way." She hangs up the phone and heads down to the lap. She goes down to the lap where Timothy meets her. 

"Good morning Ms. Smith."

"Morning, now what have you got for me?"

"Some stuff I know you're going to love!" They walk over to the table and Timothy picks up some sort of launcher and puts it on her arm. "This is a tracking device. What it does is that it launches a robotic spider out of your arm, and you can control the spider to go to whatever victim you want. And when the spider jumps on the victim it penetrates his/her skin, and merges with their body, and you see on your arm's screen allowing you to track them. It also has a microphone on it for spying purposes."

"Damn, that'll be useful."

"And the next thing I have..." He picks up a piece of metal and sticks it on her arm, "This is a shield made of electric energy. What it does is it basically blocks anything for about thirty seconds."

"Why only thirty seconds?"

"Because I'm still working on it, this is just a prototype. Now it can basically block anything, bullets, explosions, anything that might harm you. Give me your gun."

"Okay..." Ashley throws him her gun.

"Alright, now put up the shield." Ashley holds up her arm and pushes some buttons on her arm and a big blue glowing shield pops up. Timothy shoots at the shield and not a single one makes it through her shield, she puts it down.

"Okay...That was pretty cool..."

"Yeah, here." Timothy throws her gun to her, and she catches it, she puts it back in its holster. "Now it of course has a recharge time after use, and it's quite long. Thirty minutes in fact."

"Thirty minutes!?"

"Yes, again it's still a prototype that's why I need you to use it out on the field and tell me how well it performs. So, I can approve on the formula."

"Alright."

"And Ms. Smith unlike the grappling hook and scanner, these are attachables. Which means when I make more of these for you can take them off and reattach them depending on which is necessary for what mission."

"Okay."

"Oh and Ms. Smith?"

"Yes?"

"I was wondering if maybe you aren't busy later if you wanted to-" Her phone rings.

"Sorry I gotta take this." She answers the phone. "Hello?"

"Ms. Smith are you coming up?" asks Leila.

"I'm coming, Timothy wanted me to come and try out some new equipment."

"Oh okay, just get here when you can."

"I'm on my way." She hangs up the phone. "Hey I gotta go."

"Oh, okay, good luck on your mission!" says Timothy as Ashley goes up to the helipad.

She gets up to the helipad where she meets Leila, Mary, and Jones. "Ah, took your sweet time didn't you Smith?" asks Jones.

"Timothy was giving me some new shit okay," says Ashley.

"Well, I talked with a man named Captain Diego. He's with the Mexican army and he may be able to help you with catching Naomi and Jeff. He has a base camp right outside the village that Naomi has taken over, when you land report straight to him."