Chapter 4: The Asylum

A couple of weeks later Jeff is in class with Keith, when Keith leans in to tell him something. "Hey Jeff. Me, Hallie, and Catherine are gonna go check out this old abandoned asylum at the edge of town, you wanna come?"

"That sounds cool, an old abandoned asylum?"

"Yeah, apparently a nurse went crazy there and strangled everyone, it's still supposedly haunted by her to this day."

"Please, that's all just a bunch of BS."

"I don't know Jeff, apparently Catherine walked by there one day to go to town, and she said she saw a silhouette staring at her from the window."

"Well, we'll see if that's true, I'll even bring Ashley, she isn't scared of anything." The bell rings, Jeff and Keith get up and go into the hall. 

"I guess I'll see you there then, oh and you might want to bring another pair of underwear," says Keith as he walks away. "Pfff, I'm not scared." says Jeff as he walks to his next period.

Jeff, Catherine, Hallie, Keith, and Ashley are all standing outside The Ferrisville Asylum For The Insane. It's a three story brick building that looks older than time itself, the building has a strange ominous atmosphere to it. "So this is the big bad asylum, huh?" asks Jeff.

"Apparently...So! Who's ready to go in?" asks Keith.

"Me! This is gonna be so cool!" says Hallie.

"Let's all stay together though, there could be other people in there," says Catherine.

"Like who?" asks Keith.

"Don't street artists like to paint stuff in abandoned buildings?" asks Ashley.

"Oh no, the artists avoid this place like the plague. Something about it having a 'bad vibe' so there should be no one in there but us," says Keith.

"Well, I think we should still stick together," says Catherine.

"Alright, fine we'll split into pairs, I'll take Hallie," says Keith.

"I'll take Jeff," says Ashley.

"You know what, I wanna take a look on my own," says Jeff.

"What?! No, I don't wanna leave you by yourself!" says Ashley.

"Why? Ash I can handle myself, do you not trust me?" asks Jeff.

"Well, yeah I do-"

"Then you can go with Cat, and if I get into any trouble we have those radio things that Keith bought right?"

"Oh yeah!" says Keith as he hands out the radios. "These are some radios my dad said we could borrow. One from each group can have one."

"So, are we ready now? I wanna see a ghost!" says Hallie.

"Alright, me and Hallie will take the top floor," says Keith.

"I'll take the second floor," says Jeff.

"Alright, me and Cat will take the first floor," says Ashley.

"Okay, be careful Ash," says Jeff.

"Same to you," says Ashley as they walk up to the front door.

They try and open it, but the door won't budge. "Dang, must've locked it when those other kids got caught sneaking in here," says Keith.

"Well, now what do we do?" asks Hallie. Keith thinks for a moment when he has a lightbulb moment. 

"I know, I saw the floor plans for this place online. I remember seeing there was a hatch we could get into that goes into the basement. Follow me," says Keith. He leads them to a hatch, with a simple padlock on it. "Really!?" says Keith. He tugs and pulls on it, but it doesn't come off. "Dang it, locked tight." Jeff looks around and sees a rock on the ground, he walks over and picks it up,