Chapter 16: The Greatest Choir

Ashley and Jeff barge into Jeff's house and lock the door behind them. "Shit...That was close..." says Jeff.

"Yeah..." says Ashley. Liu runs down the stairs, 

"Hey guys...what happened? Why are you all tired?"

"Randy, that's what happened! He just won't let up!" says Jeff.

"What did he do?"

"He tried to rob us, but luckily we were able to fend him off."

"Yeah, your brother's a badass Liu," says Ashley.

"I believe you, so do you think he's gonna retaliate?"

"Probably, and we'll kick his ass again," says Jeff.

"What's that?" asks Liu as he points at something Jeff is holding. Jeff looks in his hand and sees he still has Randy's knife, 

"Uh oh..." says Jeff.

"Jeff! Go hide it!" says Ashley. Jeff runs up to his room and hides the knife, he runs back down when Ms. Woods walks in the living room. 

"Oh, hey honey."

"Hey mom," says Jeff.

"Why are you so tired?"

"Me and Ash went on a run."

"Oh...well good! I'm glad you're taking your physical health seriously!"

"Thanks...Hey! Mom, can you help us with something?"

"Sure, what is it?" Jeff turns to Ashley. "You feel like practicing?"

"I guess, have nothing better to do." He turns back to Ms. Woods, 

"Will you help Ash practice for her solo?"

"You have a solo Ashley?"

"Yes ma'am." She pulls out her sheet music, and hands it to her. "See." Ms. Woods looks at the sheet music and says, 

"Oh, this is a beautiful song Ashley, and I can't wait to hear it come out of you! Come on back!" Ms. Woods leads them to the foyer where her piano is located. "Okay, you ready to begin Ashley?" Ashley looks at Jeff, and Jeff grabs her hand and squeezes it tight. 

"You can trust her, she's not going to make fun of you," says Jeff.

"What do you mean?" asks Ms. Woods.

"Ashley has stage fright and is afraid to sing in front of people she doesn't know."

"Oh...Ashley don't worry honey, I won't make fun of your voice."

"You sure?" asks Ashley.

"I'm sure, now, I want you to take my breath away!"

"Okay." Ashley breaths in then out. "I'm ready." Ms. Woods begins playing the song, and Ashley sings Never Enough. She finishes the song, and Ms. Woods lets the piano ring for a second. 

"That's my girl..." says Jeff.

"Wow, Ashley, that was so beautiful..." says Ms. Woods.

"Thank you ma'am."

"Yeah! Go Ash!" says Liu.

"Thanks man."

"Ashley, I don't understand why you're so shy to sing in front of people, you have one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard," says Ms. Woods.

"I wish I could tell you ma'am, but all I know is that, there's gonna be over one thousand people there. That's one thousand people who can see me. That's one thousand people who can boo me. And that's one thousand people who can say I'm not good enough..."