Chapter 20:...And Jeff The Killer Is Born

"Good morning Ferrisville I'm Steve Lankley."

"And I'm Deborah Hall."

"Police made a shocking and gruesome discovery today as the bodies of the Woods family, Terra and Liv Ashworth, Troy Evans, and Jessie Brody were all found brutally murdered in their homes with only one survivor of the terrible carnage. We go to Tom Strickland with the full story..." They switch to Tom.

"Good morning Deborah, yes police are describing these murders as a 'gruesome work of art.' The bodies were found brutally mutilated, with a smile cut into their mouth. Ashley Smith, the one survivor of this terrible crime says that her boyfriend Jeffrey Woods was responsible. She declined to speak with us, because she is currently going through psychological evaluation. We go to the investigating officer on the scene, Officer Pat Robinson."

"It was awful..." says Officer Robinson.

"Officer Robinson describes the scene of the crime as 'one of the worst he's ever seen..."

"Who would do that to a twelve year old girl?" asks Tom.

"A true monster, that's who..." says Robinson.

"The suspect Jeffrey Woods had always had a troubled childhood. But no one thought he would snap, except for one Officer Rio who interviewed Jeff. He claimed that Jeff was in need of serious psychological care."

"What was Jeff like?" asks Tom.

"Well, he was very disturbed, very not mentally sound at all. I recommended to Ms. Woods that he see a psychologist. But it looks like it wasn't enough," says Officer Rio.

"But he did see a psychologist, Doctor Farrah at Ferrisville high said that Jeff went crazy because of a mean spirited prank."

"Jeff's mental state was at the verge of breaking, and the boy that was bullying him wasn't helping. But when he pulled that prank, it sent him over the edge," says Dr. Farrah.

"So you're saying it's the boys fault for the murders?" asks Tom.

"No not at all, I think it was only a matter of time, before Jeff did something drastic. He wasn't in a good place, and I tried to help him. But I guess he didn't listen..."

"As families mourn the loss of their loved ones the police are hard at work trying to locate Jeffrey Woods. If you have any info on the whereabouts of Jeffrey Woods please call the Ferrisville police department...

A couple of months after that day, Ashley was training to keep well at her promise, she went to Oakland Police Academy where she eventually graduated on top of her class. She joined the Ferrisville Police Department where she would be a street cop for seven years. Until one fateful call...

Ashley is twenty-five and had just gotten off of a domestic disturbance call, when another call came on the radio... "All units, all units we have a possible one eight seven, at the Ferrisville Mental Asylum, requesting assistance immediately." Ashley picks up the radio.

"Dispatch, I'll take that one eight seven. ETA five minutes."

"Ten four." Ashley drives her squad car to the Asylum and parks at the front entrance, she gets out of the car, and looks around. She gets out her radio.

"Dispatch I've arrived on the scene. Nothing unusual, yet..."

"Wait there seventy five, I'm sending in backup, we've gotten reports of armed drug dealers making deals in there. Just sit outside and see what you can find out until backup arrives." Ashley sighs,